Neutral Density 4x 77mm Filter
Theft not covered.
The 77mm Neutral Density (ND 4x) has several uses and offers the possibility to achieve otherwise unachievable results. ND filters appear gray and reduce the amount of light reaching the sensor. They have no effect on color balance.
Multi-coated to minimize reflection at the filter surfaces which reduces flare and ghosting.
Neutral Density filters have four main uses
- • To enable slow shutter speeds to be used, especially with high speed films, to record movement in subjects such as waterfalls, clouds, or cars
- • To decrease depth of field by allowing wider apertures to be used, which helps separate subjects from their background
- • To decrease the effective ISO of high speed film (above ISO 400) and allow it to be used outdoors in bright situations
- • To allow cine and video cameras (which have fixed shutter speeds) to film subjects such as snow, sand or other bright scenes which could cause overexposure
Neutral Density Factors
- • 2x = ND.3 (exposure adjustment = 1 stop, reduces ISO 1/2)
- • 4x = ND.6 (exposure adjustment = 2 stops, reduces ISO 1/4)
- • 8x = ND.9 (exposure adjustment = 3 stops, reduces ISO 1/8)