• Your rental begins when the first delivery attempt is made. If you do not think you’ll be available for home delivery, please contact us to arrange for delivery to another location.
• Your rental must be returned to its pick up location or postmarked by your shipper before the same day cut-off time. Contact the location you’ll be bringing the return package to in advance to find out what the same day cut-off time is. Remember, local pickup spots and ship centers have varied hours!
• For your security, get a receipt from whoever you are dropping your gear off with for return.
Has there been an emergency? We understand. Please communicate your issue with us as soon as humanly possible so that we may properly address your needs with regards to your order. We are available by email, live chat, and by telephone during standard business hours.
The RED Epic-M Dragon Package gives you astounding 6K shooting capability – 9 times more pixels than HD – with greater detail results than 35mm film in both latitude and image density. You can pull RAW stills from your footage, allowing you to capture two artistic media at once. Each RAW frame or sequence of RAW frames in a clip is compressed using proprietary wavelet based REDCODE RAW compression, then stored to a RED MINI-MAG (rentable separately). The RED Dragon sensor produces softer skin tones, vibrant primary colors, and subtle variations in tones. Improved noise control and low-light shooting means you can push your ISO to 2000 and still produce footage suitable for theater. This camera is for advanced filmmakers and cinematographers looking to produce the highest quality video possible for documentary, narrative, and broadcast purposes.
Please note that this camera is not compatible with REDMAG SSDs (this one uses the newer RED MINI-MAG SSDs). Also note that this rental does not include RED MINI-MAG SSDs. They are rentable separately. See the Notes tab for more compatibility details.
• File Format: 4K - DPX, TIFF, OpenEXR (RED RAY via Optional Encoder), 2K - DPX, TIFF, OpenEXR (RED RAY via Optional Encoder), 1080p - RGB or 4:2:2, 720p - 4:2:2 Quicktime, JPEG Avid AAF, MXF, H.264, .MP4
• Resolution: 6K RAW (2:1, 2.4:1), 5K RAW (Full Frame, 2:1, 2.4:1 and Anamorphic 2:1), 4.5K RAW (2.4:1), 4K RAW (16:9, HD, 2:1 and Anamorphic 2:1), 3K RAW (16:9, 2:1 and Anamorphic 2:1), 2K RAW (16:9, 2:1 and Anamorphic 2:1), 1080p RGB (16:9), 720p RGB (16:9)
• Image Area: 6144 (h) x 3160 (v)
• Ports: USB A, HD-SDI Out (1920 x 1080p), HDMI, Firewire