• Your rental begins when the first delivery attempt is made. If you do not think you’ll be available for home delivery, please contact us to arrange for delivery to another location.
• Your rental must be returned to its pick up location or postmarked by your shipper before the same day cut-off time. Contact the location you’ll be bringing the return package to in advance to find out what the same day cut-off time is. Remember, local pickup spots and ship centers have varied hours!
• For your security, get a receipt from whoever you are dropping your gear off with for return.
Has there been an emergency? We understand. Please communicate your issue with us as soon as humanly possible so that we may properly address your needs with regards to your order. We are available by email, live chat, and by telephone during standard business hours.
The Canon Speedlite 430EX II Flash balances power and size. It is smaller than the 600EX-RT and easier to use but also lacks certain features that more advanced flash users might need – such as a PC-In sync port or battery pack attachment option. For most shooting situations, however, the lightweight 430EX II delivers. It sports both manual and E-TTL modes as well as High Speed Sync along with front/rear curtain firing. The head tilts up 90º or left 180º for bouncing light and will fire wirelessly (optically) as a slave unit (see the notes tab for more off-camera firing options). This flash is good for beginner flash users as well as advanced users who need to save as much space as possible. It is often referred to as a "bridge flash" between the professional 600EX-RT and the very basic 270EX II.
• This flash is not recommended for use with lenses wider than 28mm on full frame cameras (or wider than 18mm on crop frame cameras). Use of this flash with ultrawide lenses may result in unwanted shadows.
• FYI for gang lighting: this flash cannot act as a master trigger to other flashes. It can only be a slave unit.
• Range: 2.30'-79.72' (at f/1.4)
• Guide Number: 141.98' (Tested at ISO 100, 105mm)
• Ports: None, See Notes Tab for Options
• Angle of Coverage: 84º - 23.3º
• Zoom Range: 24mm-105mm
• Modes: E-TTL II/E-TTL, Manual, High Speed Sync, First Curtain, Second Curtain
• Power: 1/1-1/64, Approximately 200-1400 Flash Pops
• Recycle Time: 0.1-3.7 Seconds
• Wireless Options: Optical (Up to 39.37' with Line-of-Sight)
• Channel/Group Options: Up to 4 Channels, Up to 3 Groups