Got a big shoot coming up? Save big on your next order and get $20 off rentals $100+, $50 off rentals $250+, and $100 off rentals $500+ with code RENTANDSAVE. This sale ends on May 4th. You must have your rental delivered or picked up on/by May 8th.
Exciting New Gear Arrivals: Full Frame Mirrorless
Everyone is going all-in this year with full frame mirrorless cameras. Here is a quick summary of what they offer:
Panasonic Lumix Full Frame Mirrorless Collection
• 51.6mm-diameter L mount with 20mm flange distance.
• Internal 4:2:2 10-bit recording in 4K 30p/25p, 4K 60p/50p HDMI Out, and V-Log (in future firmware).
• Unlimited internal recording is available in 4K 24/25/30p and 1080p.
• Ultra high resolution 47 megapixel sensor (in the S1R).
• Shoot up to 9 frames per second in RAW format with a 90 frame buffer.
Canon EOS R Full Frame Mirrorless Collection
• 54mm-diameter RF mount with 20mm flange distance.
• UHD 4K up to 30 FPS at 480MB/s with in-camera 4:2:2 sampling and 8-bit color depth (in the EOS R).
• Integrated Canon Log enables the capturing of flat footage with 800% improved dynamic range.
• High resolution 30 megapixel sensor (in the EOS R).
• New semi-automatic Flexible-priority (Fv) shooting mode.
Nikon Z Full Frame Mirrorless Collection
• 55mm-diameter RF mount with 16mm flange distance.
• UHD 4K up to 30 FPS with zero cropping. Send 10-bit files externally while recording 8-bit 4K internally.
• Shoot in Nikon’s N-Log, which enables the capturing of flat footage with 1,300% improved dynamic range.
• Ultra high resolution 46.89 megapixel sensor (in the Z7).
• Shoot up to 12 frames per second, enjoy a massive ISO range of 50-204,800 (in the Z6).
Exciting New Gear Arrivals: Support Systems
Support systems are getting sleeker, easier to set up, and more universal. Here are a few of the latest ones to make your footage more stable and professional looking:
While not a super-new release, we did get more of these in recently to meet the high demand for this nearly-perfect handheld stabilizer. The Ronin-S is among the strongest gimbals in this size class and sports the following features:
• 8 lb payload, which is enough for any DSLR and even some smaller cinema cameras.
• 23.23″ tall, 11.54″ deep, and 10.08″ wide – provides enough clearance so that the roll axis sits at an angle that allows full and easy access to the back of your camera.
• Built-in 12 hour battery with pass-through capability.
The Zhiyun-Tech Crane 3 LAB Gimbal is the latest flagship support system in Zhiyun’s esteemed lineup of handheld stabilizers. It improves upon the Zhiyun-Tech Crane 2 Gimbal in payload, increased torque, decreased noise, the addition of wireless full HD transmission, and an expansion in overall compatibility.
• 10 lb payload, which is enough for many cinema systems.
• 14.4″ tall, 13″ deep, and 8.07″ wide – smaller overall than the Ronin-S but offers a support handle extending from the back and a shortened main handle for easier low-angle shooting.
• Swappable 7.5 hour batteries.
New Gear from Syrp
We’re now renting the Syrp Magic Carpet PRO 3′ Slider Kit and the Syrp Genie II Motion Control Time Lapse Kit, which are compatible with each other. The Genie II is stronger, faster, and quieter than its predecessor. It has reduced rope-drive friction for reliable vertical motion. The entire kit weights only around 5 lbs and has enough payload to handle most camera setups. The slider has a weighted flywheel and breaking carriage that allows complete control over your sliding motion.
We have even more gear that’s arrived or will be arriving very soon! Check out all of our new gear on our new arrivals page. We also send nice gear and sale announcement emails just once a week. To get the fastest news, please subscribe below!
Latest posts by BorrowLenses (see all)
- Used Gear Black Friday Sale – Closed 11/28 & 11/29 - November 27, 2019
- Gear Up for Changing Colors - September 30, 2019
- 15% Off All Rentals + A Free Day - August 21, 2019