This guide is for the following kits:
Elinchrom BX-Ri 2 500Ws Monolight Kit with Skyport EL Transceiver
Profoto D1 Air 500Ws 2 Monolight Studio Kit with Air Remote
Bowens Gemini 500R 2 Light Umbrella Kit with Pulsar TX Radio Remote
Elinchrom Ranger Quadra Head A Pro Set with Skyport EL Transceiver
Broncolor 1200Ws Two Litos Monolight 22 Kit and Senso Power Pack with RFS 2 Transmitter
Broncolor 2400Ws Two Litos Monolight 42 Kit and Senso Power Pack RFS 2 Transmitter
If your strobes are not firing with their transmitters right out of the bag, here are some things to look for:
Kits with transmitters come with batteries, typically 3v lithium. If you drain a transmitter battery while the kit is in your care and you have to use one of your own batteries please send us the dead one when you return the kit. Turn off the transmitter when not in use (where applicable).
2) Connection to Camera
Transmitters need to be connected to your camera in one of two ways:
• Hot shoe if the transmitter has an integrated hot shoe mount with middle connector.
• Sync cable if your camera has a PC port and the transmitter has a 1/8 port.
3) Synching Transmitter with the Strobe
Strobes and power packs need to be synced with their transmitters. Sometimes they are already synced to the channel you want. However, if your transmitter needs to be re-synced, see the following for how to do this:
• Skyport EL Transceiver for Elinchrom BX-Ri 2 500Ws Monolight Kit and Elinchrom Ranger Quadra Head A Pro Set
• Air Remote for Profoto D1 Air 500Ws 2 Monolight Studio Kit
• Pulsar TX Radio Remote for Bowens Gemini 500R 2 Light Umbrella Kit
• RFS 2 Transmitter for Broncolor 1200Ws Two Litos Monolight 22 Kit and Senso Power Pack and
Broncolor Ws Two Litos Monolight 42 Kit and Senso Power Pack
4) Backup Plan
When renting strobe kits with transmitters, we always recommend also renting a pair of Pocket Wizards and a sync cable as backup in case of transmitter failure on set. To find out what sync cable you need for your Pocket Wizard, please see our Guide to Lighting Sync Cables.
Latest posts by Alexandria Huff (see all)
- Canon EOS RP vs EOS R – Which is Right for You? - March 15, 2019
- New Rentals: Best Portable Lighting for Photography and Video - February 6, 2019
- The Top 10 New Video and Photo Gear Releases of 2018 - December 19, 2018