BorrowLenses.com is first and foremost a fun and casual place to work, no doubt. But it can prove to be a hectic working environment that requires determination, a positive attitude, and the ability to focus on the task at hand amid ringing phones and mass quantities of boxes moving in and out of the workplace all day long. It’s a bit chaotic at times, we won’t lie, but we’re a tight-knit team that rely on each other to get the job done and our customers get to reap the reward! Not to mention we’re passionate about all things imaging.
Benefits of Working at BorrowLenses.com
• Free access to camera gear! Arguably the best part about your job is the nearly unfettered access to our massive collection of photo and video gear. It’s a little slice of paradise.
• One big family style work environment!
• Free lunch on Wednesdays, plus a daily stock of cereals, snacks, juices, sparkling waters and – most importantly – a never ending supply of gourmet coffee.
• Newly-renovated office in our San Carlos location (with ample natural light) while the Waltham location benefits from generous private office availability and a cool, large warehouse atmosphere.
• 401K, medical benefits, and flexible time off.
• Free corporate-lead enrichment classes and seminars on topics like Excel, People Management, etc. plus access to our family of brands for career changes and advancement.
Our Current Positions
Social Media Specialist, Waltham, Massachusetts
● Engage through social media to comments and posts, responding to all customer concerns and providing positive feedback on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Google+
● Spreading brand awareness across multiple channels and social properties
● Encouraging customer engagement through shared and created content
● Strategic planning through to execution of paid content to support our editorial and promotional calendars
● Maintaining consistent brand voice across all channels
● Editing blog content from contributors while applying best standards for SEO, content, and formatting
● Manage relationships with contributors including negotiating rates, providing contracts, and ensuring timely delivery of content
● Be able to communicate as a knowledgeable resource for photographic subject matter
● Write blog articles on photography gear, techniques, trends, etc.
● Photograph new gear for display in social, blog, and web channels
● 3-5 years of experience with social media marketing. Paid social experience is a plus.
● Excellent copywriting skills
● Intermediate+ photography skills
● Understanding of integrated marketing campaigns
● Knowledge of social automation tools is a plus
● Photography/videography industry knowledge highly desirable
● Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook as well as Social Media management platforms such as Facebook Business Manager and Hootsuite
● A personal strong interest in vlogging, impromptu marketing videos, and being both a voice and a personality for the brand as a whole is a big plus
● Establishing and maintaining relationships with all customers
● Supplying quick response times in person
● Knowing all practices and policies of Borrowlenses.com
● Troubleshooting equipment problems, and general account issues
● Recommending appropriate gear based on the customer’s needs
● Preparing daily outgoing orders and in-taking returning orders
● Bachelor’s degree in Photography, Video/Film Production or equivalent experience
● Previous customer service experience of 1-2 years
● Deep care and consideration for helping customers
● Working knowledge of current photographic or video equipment carried by Borrowlenses.com
● Basic computing skills
● Very savvy at multitasking 2-3 tasks at one time
● Ability to work solo and within a group
See all jobs for BorrowLenses and Shutterfly here.
Latest posts by Alexandria Huff (see all)
- Panasonic GH5S Now for Rent at BorrowLenses - February 9, 2018
- Best Night Sky Events for Photographers and Videographers in 2018 - January 21, 2018
- The Top 10 New Cameras & Lenses of 2017 - December 22, 2017