There are the new jobs at BorrowLenses! We’re hiring – see our open positions below. BorrowLenses.com is a fun and casual place to work. But it can prove to be a hectic working environment that requires determination, a positive attitude, and the ability to focus on the task at hand amid ringing phones and mass quantities of boxes moving in and out of the workplace all day long. It’s a bit chaotic at times, we won’t lie, but we’re a tight-knit team and we rely on each other to get the job done and our customers get to reap the reward! Not to mention we’re passionate about all things imaging.
Benefits of Working at BorrowLenses.com
• Free access to camera gear! Arguably the best part of your job is the nearly unfettered access to our massive collection of photo and video gear. It’s a little slice of paradise.
• One big family style work environment!
• Free lunch on Wednesdays, plus a daily stock of cereals, snacks, juices, sparkling waters and – most importantly – a never-ending supply of gourmet coffee.
• Newly-renovated office in our San Carlos location (with ample natural light) while the Waltham location benefits from generous private office availability and a cool, large warehouse atmosphere.
• 401K, medical benefits, and flexible time off.
• Free corporate-lead enrichment classes and seminars on topics like Excel, People Management, etc. plus access to our family of brands for career changes and advancement.
Jobs at BorrowLenses
Senior Business Manager, San Carlos, California
- Revenue Analysis. Build a deep understanding of revenue, marketing, and profitability metrics. Support business and marketing teams in setting up KPI reporting. Develop the business case for new features, initiatives, strategies, and categories. Manage forecast and variance analysis through close collaboration with multiple functional teams and work with GM/leadership team to identify opportunities, risks, and corrective action.
- Operations. Mentor, train and manage the Operations Analyst. Partner with Operations Analyst to build a deep understanding of operational efficiency and margin metrics; support Operations teams in setting up robust data management and KPI reporting; and managing operational metrics including identifying opportunities, risks and corrective action.
- Strategy & Market/Customer Intelligence. Evaluate strategic opportunities and lead initiatives to pursue them. Closely monitor competitive and industry trends. Perform market research and competitive analysis. Drive quantitative and qualitative customer intelligence and research in order to better understand customer profile, needs, and behavior.
- Pricing and Promotions. Develop pricing and promotion strategies and partner with Product Management, Marketing, and Operations. Work with Marketing for a successful launch of new gear and categories.
- User Experience. Serve as business lead for roadmap projects. Develop business requirements and drive feature prioritization to optimize business impact and ROI. Ensure appropriate tracking and measurement mechanisms are in place to assess results of projects. Monitor and report on project results, and work with the PM.
- Marketing/Creative/Merchandising. Collaborate with Marketing and Merchandising to develop launch plans for new products, features, and categories and improve our brand expression. Collaborate with Creative and Merchandising to ensure that design content and merchandising is properly aligned to target customer’s needs.
- Cross-Functional Initiatives. Lead strategic initiatives to process improvement or other business objectives that do not clearly fall under the purview of other teams.
- BA/BS degree with a strong emphasis on Finance, Business, Economics, or other related fields. MBA preferred.
- 5+ years of related analytics experience. Proven analytical skills. P&L, financial planning/forecasting and valuation experience a plus.
- SQL/database query skills a plus, but not required.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, Omniture or other web reporting and analytics tools a plus, but not required.
Front Desk Specialist, San Carlos, California
Position Schedule: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday from 8:30am-5pm, and Saturday 8am-4pm.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with all customers.
- Supplying quick response times in person.
- Knowing all practices and policies of Borrowlenses.com.
- Troubleshooting equipment problems, and general account issues.
- Recommending appropriate gear based on the customer’s needs.
- Preparing daily outgoing orders and in-taking returning orders.
- Bachelor’s degree in Photography, Video/Film Production or equivalent experience.
- Previous customer service experience of 1-2 years.
See all jobs at BorrowLenses and Shutterfly here.