The Redrock Micro DSLR Cinema Bundle is the way to go when you're ready to kit out your DSLR and shoot professional-level video. As amazing as today's digital SLRs are at producing cinematic imagery, they're often not the easiest to shoot video with. That's where the DSLR Cinema Bundle comes in, providing you with a modular, tripod-mounted system that includes swing-away matte box, geared follow-focus, top handgrip, DSLR plates, support cage and quick-mounting rod clamps--all on a dual 15mm carbon-fiber-rod system that can be customized as needed.
Compatible with most video DSLRs--including the Nikon D90, D300s, D7000, and Canon 7D, T3i, and 5D MKII. (Taller camera bodies like the Nikon D3s, D4 and Canon 1D Mark IV and 1DX should use the Redrock Micro Riser.) The DSLR Cinema Bundle provides a platform for a wide range of additional accessories, such as an articulating arm or external monitor (not included).
- • Rock-solid 15mm support system
- • Follow focus with 35mm lens gearing for accurate and repeatable focusing
- • Swing-away mattebox for light management and easy access to changing lenses
- • Support cage for enhanced stability and low angle shot
- • Convenient form factor and weight of video/film production system
- • Modular design: add only the pieces you want, and build as your needs grow
- • Industry standard 15mm lightweight rods for stability and compatibility with other products
Redrock Micro focus rings
The Cinema Bundle includes a set of three micro-focus rings that fit a wide variety of lenses. The different sizes are denoted by the letters A, B,C. The rings go around the focus ring on the lens and allow the follow focus mechanism to work. You might want to order an optional second or third focus ring so that you can quickly and easily swap lenses on the unit, instead of taking the lens off, removing the focus ring, attaching it to the new lens, etc. If you need the large D-ring (for lenses such as the Canon 100-400mm) please indicate it in the notes as it is NOT INCLUDED by default. For information regarding the various focus ring sizes please see this link at the Redrock Micro site.
You can see the detailed technical specifications on the Manufacturer site here.