Please select a rent time
• Body Cap
• Camera Strap
• NP-FW50 Battery
• The a7s is a full frame FE mount camera but is fully compatible with regular E mount lenses when in APS-C crop mode.
• This rental is for the camera only and does not include a lens.
• This camera does not record 4K internally. It has a 4K compatible sensor with a 4K HDMI output. A recorder, such as the ATOMOS Shogun is recommended for use with this camera for shooting 4K.
• This camera does not have built-in stabilization. A stabilized lens is recommended and rentable separately.
• We make every attempt to have a fully charged battery for you but we can’t guarantee it 100%. If you need a fully charged battery, please request it via the order notes.
• Sensor: 12.2MP Full Frame CMOS
• File Format: JPEG, RAW, MP4, MPEG-4 AVC/H.264
• Video: 4:2:2 UHD 4K (with External Recorder), Full HD 1080p Up to 60 FPS (Up to 120 FPS on 720p)
• ISO Range: 100-102400 (Extended Mode: 50-409600)
• AF Points: 25
• Ports: AV, HDMI D (Micro), USB 2.0, USB Multi, Mic Jack, Headphone Jack, and DC In.
• Flash: Hot Shoe Only
• FPS: Up to 5
• Lens Compatibility: FE Mount, E Mount (Lens Not Included)
• Memory: 1 SD, SDHC, SDXC Slot (Card Not Included)
• Live View, 3.0” Tiltable LCD
• Built-In WiFi
• Weather Sealed
• Weight: 1.08 lbs
Sony Alpha a7S Mirrorless Digital Camera
The Sony Alpha a7S Mirrorless Digital Camera allows you to shoot 4K to an optional external recorder over HDMI well as record full HD 1080p video in XAVC S format at 50 Mbps in multiple frame rates. The relatively low megapixel count sensor of the a7S is designed for video recording and features a full sensor readout without any of the line skipping found in very large megapixel count cameras. You will see a sharp footage devoid of major aliasing and moiré when recording internally at 1080p or externally in 4K. Shooters of the a7S can now use the S-Log2 Gamma Curve found in higher-end Sony cinema cameras and sports customizable color profiles. It also features multiple timecode recording options to match different workflows. Focus peaking to aid in manual focusing, zebra markers to help judge overexposure, and an audio level overlay for mixing audio are among the qualities that make working with the a7S desirable, along with its svelte size. With an ISO expandable from 50 to 409600, this camera is well suited to shooting in low light conditions. The a7S, while still suitable for still shooting, is designed with videographers in mind. For high resolution, high detail landscape or portrait still shooting, the a7R and the a7RII are recommended.