Notes: The RED Epic-M Package does NOT qualify for any discounts running at any time, including the BorrowLenses Membership. Feel free to contact us for further explanation.
- • (1) Camera body with DSMC side handle and DSMC 1.8" SSD side module.
- • (1) RED Touch 5.0" LCD with touchscreen navigation controls, 800 x 480 resolution, RGB 4:4:4 progressive scan touch screen with safe action guides, and zebra and false color exposure overlays.
- • (1) REDmote with a proprietary camera control unit supporting basic controls to operate camera.
- • (2) REDMag 1.8" SSDs that store up to 128GB each.
- • (1) RED Station REDMag 1.8" that uses E-SATA, FIREWIRE800 or USB 2.0 (all 3 cables included).
- • (4) REDVolt Batteries, which last only about 20 minutes a piece. For longer shooting periods, we recommend the Anton Bauer Dionic 90 Battery and Anton Bauer Battery V-Mount for RED which are NOT included in this rental and must be rented separately.
- • (1) RedVolt Battery Charger, which accommodates (1) RedVolt Battery at a time and takes approximately 90 minutes to charge. For faster recharge, we recommend the RedVolt Quad Charger, which charges (4) RedVolt Batteries at once. The Quad Charger is NOT included in this rental and must be rented separately.
- • (1) Titanium Mount for PL or for Canon EF lenses.
- • (1) RED-branded Pelican Case.
- • 14 Megapixel Mysterium-X Sensor
- • 13.5 Stop Dynamic Range (18 stops with HDRx)
- • Project Frame Rates: 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 48, 50, 59.94 FPS for all resolutions.
- • Frame Rates and Formats: 300 FPS at 2K RAW, 200 FPS at 3K RAW, 150 FPS at 4K RAW, and 120 FPS at 5K RAW.
- • Color Temp Range: 1,700-10,000 Degrees Kelvin
- • Max Image Area: 5120 x 2700
- • Acquisition Formats: 5K RAW (2:1, 2.4:1, and anamorphic 2:1), 4.5K RAW (2.4:1), 4K RAW (16:9, HD, 2:1, and anamorphic 2:1), 3K RAW (16:9, 2:1, and anamorphic 2:1), 2K RAW (16:9, 2:1, and anamorphic 2:1), 1080p RGB (16:9), and 720p RGB (16:9).
- • Delivery Formats at 4K: DPX, TIFF, OpenEXR
- • Delivery Formats at 2K: DPX, TIFF, OpenEXR
- • Delivery Formats at 1080p RGB (4:2:2) and 720p (4:2:2): Quicktime, JPEG, Avid AAF, MXF.
- • Delivery Formats at 1080p (4:2:0) and 720p (4:2:0): H.264, .MP4
- • Audio: 2 channel, uncompressed, 24 bit, 48kHz.
- • HD-SDI Output: 1920 x 1080p output for monitoring or recording to an external device.
- • Multi-Cam Functionality
- • 3D Capable
- • Weight: 5 lbs (body only)
The RED Epic-M Package is a hand-machined beast of cinema artistry. With a 5K resolution "Mysterium-X" sensor, the RED Epic-M delivers images up to 120 frames per second with each frame of film equaling an impressive 14 megapixel still image and resolution that exceeds 35mm film. The RED Epic-M is single-handedly revolutionizing the convergence between the filming and photography worlds with this true hybrid camera.
The compact design of the RED Epic-M portable system is characterized as a "DSMC - Digital Still Motion Camera." It has a native dynamic range of over 13 stops providing incredible low light performance. Essentially, this beauty can see in the dark.
RED Epic-M shoots in RAW and records extensive Metadata including picture and sound characteristics per frame, setup information, project/clip information, SMPTE Time Code, lens and shutter speed parameters, audio settings and video image processing information. Everything a filmmaker needs to perfectly manipulate the images in post-production.
Designed to be the most advanced camera in the world for cinema use, in a word, this camera is truly EPIC.