Please select a rent time
• This lens is compatible with Canon EF mount cameras in both full frame and crop frame sensors. The focal length equivalent on crop frame sensors is 160mm.
• This lens is NOT compatible with 2X and 1.4X Canon extenders.
• This lens does not natively connect to the Canon MT-24EX Macro Twin Ringlite Flash but will connect to it when using that flash's included 67mm ring adapter.
• The IS system makes a rattling noise when holding the lens vertically, which is perfectly normal. The IS system elements have to move perpendicular to the light path so they move side-to-side freely as well as tilting to counter the effects of camera shake. When the lens is held vertically, the IS elements are actually sitting centered so when gently shaken they move side-to-side. When turned horizontally or when attached to a camera and powered up, the rattling stops as the IS is engaged so you do not have to worry about the rattling noise when composing your shot.
• Focal Length: 100mm (160mm Equivalent for Crop Sensor)
• Maximum Aperture: f/2.8
• Apterture Range: f/2.8-f/32
• Canon EF Mount
• 1' Minimum Focusing Distance
• 24º Angle of View
• 1x Magnification
• Filter Size: 67mm
• Image Stabilization
• Length: 4.8"
• Weight: 1.38 lbs
Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro USM Lens
|1||Excellent||Lens is in great shape.||$700.00|
|2||Excellent||Lens is in great shape.||$700.00|
|3||Excellent||Minor internal dust.||$679.00|
|4||Good||Lens has dust in the rear element, IS is slightly loud when engaging / disengaging.||$658.00|
|5||Good||Dust inside lens.||$658.00|
The Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro Lens sports Image Stabilization that produces sharper images for both macro and portrait shooting. Acceptably sharp images can be achieved at shutter speeds as low as 1/10th of a second. In addition, this is a true 1:1 macro lens, which means it can reproduce items at life-size magnification (for a greater than 1:1 reproduction ratio, check out the Canon MP-E 65mm f/2.8 1-5x Macro ). The 100mm focal length also makes this an ideal portrait lens. This is one of the few macro lenses that produces amazing closeup imagery without having to rely on rail systems for stability. It works well hand-held and is a comfortable size for everyday shooting. However, for extreme precision, the rental of the StackShot Extended Macro Rail Package, or similar, is recommended. This 100mm can be paired with both full frame sensor cameras, such as the Canon 5D Mark III, and with crop frame sensor cameras, such as the Canon 7D Mark II. The focal length equivalent on crop frame sensors is 160mm (the magnification will still be 1:1 – the ratio designates how large the lens renders subjects on the image circle, though you will see scene cropping on APS-C sensors). This lens is a favorite among wedding photographers because it captures faces as well as small details (like rings and flowers) with exceptional crispness.
- • Front Cap
- • Rear Cap
- • 67mm UV Filter
- • Lens Hood