Notes: To shoot 4k-RAW an external recorder is required (SonyHXR-IFR5 Interface Unit and Sony AXS-R5 4K Recorder) or Odyssey 7Q.
- • Microphone
- • Body cap
- • Large eye-cup viewfinder
- • NP-F770 Battery
- • Power adapter
- • USB to mini cord
- • Battery
- • Charger
- • Sensor: 11.6MP 4K Exmor Super 35 CMOS
- • File Format: HD MPEG-4 AVCHD, MPEG-2 PS
- • Video: UHDTV, HDTV - HD: 1920 x 1080p through 4K: 3840 x 2160p
- • Recording Time: Refer to Chart for Recording Times
- • ISO Range: 500-16000
- • Lens Compatibility: Sony E-Mount
- • Four Built-in ND filters
- • Ports: (2) XLR, Line/Mic/Mic, (2) RCA, HDMI 1.4, RCA Type via AV Jack, 3.5mm Stereo, USB Mini-AB/Hi-Speed
- • Audio: External ECM-XM1 Shotgun Mic
- • Frame Rates: 60p, 50p, 24p, 30p, 25p
- • FPS (Super Slow Motion): 120fps, 240fps, 280fps, 960fps
- • LCD: 3.5"
- • Weight: 8lb
- • RAW Video. The upgrade enables the camera to shoot 12-bit 2K-RAW and 4K-RAW video when used with the SonyHXR-IFR5 Interface Unit and Sony AXS-R5 4K Recorder or Odyssey 7Q.
- • Multiple Frame Rate Options. 4K-RAW can be recorded up to 60fps, while 2K-RAW can be shot up to 240fps. Additionally, shorter 4K-RAW bursts can be shot at 120fps by recording to buffer.
- • Simultaneous In-Camera Recording. While the 4K-RAW files are recorded to the external device, simultaneous AVCHD files can be recorded to an internal SDXC memory card.
- • New Gamma Curves. Two new gamma curves are available, S-Log2 and 800% ITU70, have been added.
The Sony NEX-FS700 4K Ready Camcorder includes the Sony NEX-FS700 with hardware upgrades to completely support 4K when used with an external recorder. The NEX-FS700's imaging area matches that of standard Hollywood film cameras and features the ability to record bursts of super slow motion 4K video (bursts range from 8 to 16 seconds, depending on frame rate). This camera runs cool with no grain and no fan noise and is equipped with four ND filter levels: clear, 2, 4 & 6 stops. It can output 4:2:2 video (with embedded timecode) via HDMI 1.4 or 3G/HD-SDI to an external recording unit. This camera is ideal for 2nd unit shooters or for anyone working on feature films, commercials, music videos, or recording lectures.