Lens rental includes:
- Focal Length: 100mm
- Maximum Aperture: T/2.8
- Minimum Focusing Distance: 36"
- Front lens diameter 87mm
- Weight: 3.5 lbs
Front and rear cap, case, lens.
The Cooke Panchro 100mm Prime Lens by Cooke Optics comes with a storied heritage: most Hollywood films made in the first half of the 20th century were shot with Cooke lenses, many of which were Panchros. The Panchro line was renowned for their clarity and consistency of color and the "Cooke look" became synonymous with quality production. In 2009 Cooke announced it was reviving the brand with a new series of lenses. Extending the company's reputation for quality into the digital era, these lightweight companions to Cooke's already established S4/i lenses carry over the most desirable features of their more expensive brethren, sacrificing only a single T-stop in the process.
This 100mm prime lens's PL mount makes it compatible with the most commonly used professional digital cinema cameras, including the RED cameras, Sony F3, and nearly any camera using the PL mount (or adapter.) Color-matched and interchangeable with all Cooke lenses, this lens combines classic, hand-fitted construction with a linear iris, cam-style focus, and /i Technology--which provides metadata to compatible camera systems with precise measurements of lens and camera settings. Panchro optics are beyond superb--controlling flare, distortion, veiling glare and spherical aberrations even with the aperture wide open. With reduced size, weight, and cost and utilizing an aperture range of T2.8 to T22 Cooke Panchros are extremely flexible lenses, suitable for almost any shooting situation.
- Optical Design br>
- The optics are designed to give maximum performance at full aperture with superior control of flare, distortion and spherical aberration.
/i Electronics br>
- A cable connector near the lens mount and contacts in the mount sync with /i compatible cameras and accessories
Color Balance br>
- All Panchro prime lenses are color balanced to a specification within parameters approved by Kodak.
- All Panchro primes have a true T2.8 aperture and cover Super 35mm format.
Index Marks br>
- Every index mark is labeled. More detailed markings allow for more detailed focus control.
Focus Movement br>
- Our Academy Award-winning cam-style focus movement, coupled with the added benefit of a large lens barrel diameter, has allowed for an increased number of focus markings, particularly at close focus. Spherical aberration has been controled throughout the range of focal lengths to eliminate compensation of changes in back focus with aperture. A four-point contact bearing provides a smooth, positive, backlash-free movement.
Focus Scaling br>
- Large, clear numerals on both sides of the focus barrel benefit the focus puller when shooting under difficult lighting conditions.
- All Cooke Panchro primes have a common fixed front diameter of 87mm, with a focus drive gear of 121T x 0.8 mod and an iris drive gear of 119T x 0.8.
External Finish br>
- A scratch resistant PTFE hard anodized finish is provided on all Cooke lenses, providing a durable, hard-wearing surface to meet the most demanding environmental conditions.
- An eight-leaf linear module iris assembly is fitted into Panchro primes with an aperture range of T2.8 to T22.
Weight/Size Ratio br>
- These lenses are designed for all shooting applications, including handheld and Steadicam, providing a comfortable balance ratio with the latest compact cameras.
Reliability & Service br>
- Panchro prime lenses are designed to meet a market requirement for fully reliable performance with a minimum of downtime.