Please select a rent time
• Soft Case
• Flash Foot
• This flash does not have a PC-In sync port. To fire this flash off-camera without the use of a hot shoe/PC-In adapter, please fire optically from another flash (including your pop-up flash), with an off camera flash cable, with a hot shoe-based radio, such as the Pocket Wizard FlexTT5 E-TTL Transceiver, or with a Canon ST-E2 Speedlite Transmitter.
• This flash requires 4 AA batteries to operate and they are not included.
• This flash does not support the Canon CP-E4 battery pack. For a flash that does, see the 600EX-RT.
• This flash does not support the Quantum battery pack For a flash that does, see the 600EX-RT.
• This flash does not include filter attachments.
• This flash is not recommended for use with lenses wider than 28mm on full frame cameras (or wider than 18mm on crop frame cameras). Use of this flash with ultrawide lenses may result in unwanted shadows.
• FYI for gang lighting: this flash cannot act as a master trigger to other flashes. It can only be a slave unit.
• Range: 2.30'-79.72' (at f/1.4)
• Guide Number: 141.98' (Tested at ISO 100, 105mm)
• Ports: None, See Notes Tab for Options
• Angle of Coverage: 84º - 23.3º
• Zoom Range: 24mm-105mm
• Modes: E-TTL II/E-TTL, Manual, High Speed Sync, First Curtain, Second Curtain
• Power: 1/1-1/64, Approximately 200-1400 Flash Pops
• Recycle Time: 0.1-3.7 Seconds
• Wireless Options: Optical (Up to 39.37' with Line-of-Sight)
• Channel/Group Options: Up to 4 Channels, Up to 3 Groups
• 270º Head
• AF Assist
• Height: 4.8"
• Weight: 0.71 lbs
Canon Speedlite 430EX II Flash
The Canon Speedlite 430EX II Flash balances power and size. It is smaller than the 600EX-RT and easier to use but also lacks certain features that more advanced flash users might need – such as a PC-In sync port or battery pack attachment option. For most shooting situations, however, the lightweight 430EX II delivers. It sports both manual and E-TTL modes as well as High Speed Sync along with front/rear curtain firing. The head tilts up 90º or left 180º for bouncing light and will fire wirelessly (optically) as a slave unit (see the notes tab for more off-camera firing options). This flash is good for beginner flash users as well as advanced users who need to save as much space as possible. It is often referred to as a "bridge flash" between the professional 600EX-RT and the very basic 270EX II.