Cool Stuff – Week of October 20, 2012Cool Stuff
Welcome to Cool Stuff, a weekly feature where we post our favorite links from the past week, including our favorite articles and how-tos, videos, images and more.
- There’s a little space geek in all of us, I think. So, of course, we have to lead with this amazing time-lapse from Matthew Givot. Endeavour, you will be missed!
- Speaking of time-lapses and space geekery, Christopher Malin took a bunch of NASA-provided imagery and created this bit of awesomeoness:
- Alfred Eisenstaedt shot stars of a different kind. From President John F. Kennedy to Marilyn Monroe, Eisie was one of the most renowned portrait photographers in history. Life has a great bit about how, at the very end of his portrait sessions, he’d pull a Hitchcock and jump in for cameo.
- San Francisco is our back yard. So it stands to reason that this caught our eye. Director Ross Ching plans a series like this, so watch out for other cities he’ll cover too.
- And finally, everyone’s favorite wearable camera now has an update. We’ve got it available for pre-booking, but what better way to show it off than with a video?
And now, for the BorrowLenses.com Roundup!
That’s it for this week’s Cool Stuff. As always, questions and feedback are welcome in the comments below.