BL East Coast Expansion: Cinevate Axis Jib Twitter GiveawayBL News
To celebrate the opening of our new East Coast Headquarters in Waltham, MA, we’re kicking off a giveaway on Twitter for a Cinevate Axis Jib. Visit our Twitter page to enter for a chance to win a new jib, plus other great prizes from our partners:
The Music Bed, GuraGear, SmugMug, Lexar, Adobe, creativeLIVE, Schneider Optics, onOne, Peak Design, Cinetics, Zacuto, Aviator Camera Gear, Think Tank Photo, B&H, 500px, Timescapes, Photojojo and more.
HOW TO ENTER (more…)
BL East Coast Expansion: 5D Mark III or D800 DSLR GiveawayBL News
To celebrate the opening of our new East Coast Headquarters in Waltham, MA, we’re kicking off a giveaway for a Canon 5D Mark III or Nikon D800.
Winner of our Bag GiveawayBL News
Last week, BorrowLenses.com asked the question, “What piece(s) of gear are you most looking forward to renting in 2013?” Everyone who answered here on the blog was entered into our drawing to win a free handmade Inside Line Equipment camera bag!
We selected a winner at random and the winner is: Harris Qureshi! Congrats, Harris! We hope you use your new bag to carry around that Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II rental from us (plus much more during your photographic adventures in 2013).
Win a Handmade Camera Bag from BorrowLenses.comCool Stuff
We’re giving away one (1) brand new camera bag from Inside Line Equipment, which is handmade in the U.S.A. This bag features a 12″x 12″x 8″ padded, weatherproof camera compartment with a 12″x 8″x 10″ weatherproof rolltop main compartment. The padded, zippered sleeve down the back fits up to a 17″ MacBook Pro. The entire thing measures 12″x 20″x 8″ (30 Liters) and is reinforced with ABS plastic panels to keep your gear safe. Color is as-pictured (pale blue).
Cool Stuff – Week of September 29, 2012Cool Stuff
Welcome to Cool Stuff, a weekly feature where we post our favorite links from the past week, including our favorite articles and how-tos, videos, images and more.
- If you haven’t seen this yet, you totally should. Light painting is all the rage right now, but these were done by artist Eric Staller way back in the 1970s with a Nikon film camera. Um, wow.
- The way we see it, just about anything from Joe McNally automatically gets a mention in Cool Stuff. Here, he goes over some of his images published in NatGeo. An hour with Joe McNally? Um, yeah!
- The awesome folks at Vimeo have thrown a lot of video-related tutorials out there for you budding filmmakers. Now, they’ve got one up that should make a few lightbulbs go off in your heads too. Here’s how to use your car as a massive motorized dolly.
- We’re fans of photographer Jay P. Morgan of The Slanted Lens. Not only is he a working pro, he takes time to help educate the rest of us on various tips and techniques. Here’s his latest, a tutorial on simple corporate portraits.
- And speaking of photographers we admire, Zack Arias was featured on Complex magazine’s blog as part of a new series called Shots Fired.
And now, for the BorrowLenses.com rundown!
- It’s still good for orders placed through tomorrow, so make sure you take advantage of our latest promo. We’ll have a new one next week, but if you’re looking to grab a Nikon 50mm f/1.4 or a Canon 100-400, go place your order now!
- We’re in Week 3 of our fan photo challenge, and you have, again, till tomorrow to submit your portrait photography to enter!
- There are some some really cool shots in last week’s contest winners, so make sure you check them out here.
That’s it for this week’s Cool Stuff. As always, questions and feedback are welcome in the comments below.
Architecture: BorrowLenses.com Fan Photography ChallengeBL News
New: Architecture Fan Photo Challenge
Week 2 of our BorrowLenses.com Fan Photo Challenge is underway and we’ve opened up submissions for our latest weekly category: Architecture Photography. Submit your Architecture photos on our Facebook fan page or learn how you can take part on Twitter and Instagram.
Photo submissions are open from Monday 9/17 to Sunday 9/23 11:59PM PST and voting continues until Sunday 9/30 11:59PM PST.
Note: You can submit any image taken anytime.
Last Weeks Landscape Fan Photo Challenge
If you missed submitting to our Landscape Photo Challenge we’d still love to have you take part by voting for your favorite landscape photos. Voting is open until Sunday 9/23 11:59PM PST. Help us pick the best of the best.