This is Part I of a series on moving from an all-Canon setup to an all-Nikon setup for four weeks. Will I go back to Canon at the end of four weeks? I have no idea…
“I’m going to check out a bunch of Nikon gear and go shoot with it for four weeks. Then I’ll write a series of articles about it.”
I grinned at Jim Goldstein, BorrowLenses.com’s VP of marketing, and my nominal boss. He stared back at me, first with a blank expression, then with a knowing glint in his eye.
“You’re looking to switch, aren’t you?” he asked. “And you want to use this idea for a series to test the waters on the other side, dontcha?”
He kinda had me there. I’d been eyeing that D800 ever since it was announced, and was eager to give it a try. More importantly, I really was thinking of switching sides. read more…
Here at BorrowLenses.com we understand not everyone is impressed enough with the new iPhone 5 to upgrade. For those looking for an alternate upgrade path for their iPhone we’d like to introduce you to our iPhone 5 Upgrade Alternative:
Who needs an iPhone 5 upgrade when you can slap a top of the line CP.2 cinema lens on your iPhone 4. This handy dandy solution knocks out two birds with one stone:
1. No need for a vintage filter app. Enjoy a warm hue, vignetted frame and ample dust spots on a lens adapter magnification screen.
2. Enjoy the optical advantage only the Zeiss CP.2 Super Speed Lens can provide.
Everyone who sees you filming with this bad boy on your iPhone will instantly know you’re a DP on the rise. See some example footage below:
Rent yours today:
Zeiss Compact Prime CP.2 50mm/T 1.5 Super Speed EF Mount
iPhone 4 and iPhone EF mount adapter not included.
More images after the jump…
The much anticipated release of the Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM II has been the source of much discussion and debate. While the lens has some notable differences than the original Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM (we’ll cover those at the end) the #1 attribute of note is its sharpness. read more…
After about four weeks of shooting with the Leica M9 and various lenses, I came to a dismaying conclusion.
I am not a street photographer. I don’t like street photography. I get nervous, am unsure, and take terrible street photos.
And, for most of the time that I had the M9, I was trying to be a street photographer. read more…
So whether you’re looking to buy one and want to try it out first, or you’re just curious to see how Nikon’s new “budget” full-frame camera performs, you need wait no longer. Get your D600 here: http://www.borrowlenses.com/product/nikon_bodies/Nikon_D600_Digital_Camera
Welcome to Cool Stuff, a weekly feature where we post our favorite links from the past week, including our favorite articles and how-tos, videos, images and more.
- You probably saw this already, but dangit, how could we not repost this? A seagull takes off with a GoPro? Genius!
- The big Photokina photography show is almost on us and the announcements are coming hard and fast. We recommend keeping an eye on our friends at PetaPixel; they’ve got a ton of info about announcements from Sony, Nikon, Hasselblad, and more.
- And speaking of announcements from Nikon, they’ve made a crazy-cool video to show off the video capabilities of their newly-announced D600.
- Google Glass is starting to make a splash in all kinds of places, including the world of fashion. Here’s a video from Diane von Furstenberg’s 2013 show in New York, captured via Google Glass.
- Finally, even though we don’t carry any film gear, it makes our hearts glad to see that the old stalwart Rolleiflex TLR analog camera is still being made today.
And now, for the BorrowLenses.com rundown!
- In case you haven’t heard, we’re running a photo contest! Check out the details here, and keep up with us on Facebook for updates!
- Pick a mount. Any mount! Well, as long as it’s EF or PL, anyway. Cine fans will know what those are, and that’s whom we got these new Zeiss Compact Prime Super Speed Cine Lenses for.
- Canon fans, the new, super-sharp, super-awesome 24-70 f/2.8L II has arrived. Rent one now!
- Last, but not least, remember that you’ve still got two days to get in on this week’s promo! 25% off a Canon 70-200 f/2.8L IS II? It figures that this would show up right when I’ve been told to ditch my Canon gear and go shoot Nikon for 4 weeks. But more on that later.
That’s it for this week’s Cool Stuff. As always, questions and feedback are welcome in the comments below.