Get a Free Rental Day this Memorial DayBL News
We will be closed Monday, May 27th, in observance of the Memorial Day holiday.
A day off for us means a free rental day for you!
Get your free day when your order is delivered on:
3 Day Order: Friday, May 24th
7 Day Order: Monday, May 20th
10 Day Order: Thursday, May 16th
Good for local orders, too! Keep your rental until Tuesday, May 28th!
Sample Images from the Nikon 800mm f/5.6Gear Talk
I’ve been out testing the Nikon 800mm f/5.6 lens we just got in, and have a few sample images to share. I went out to the Redwood Shores region of the San Francisco Bay Area to shoot the skimmers that show up around here every spring, and got a handful of other birds as well. The full-up review is coming soon, so stay tuned for that. (more…)
The Lightroom-Photoshop Connection: Sending JPEG Files Back and ForthTips & Tricks
Seán Duggan is a fine art photographer, author, educator and an Adobe Certified Photoshop Expert with extensive experience in both the traditional and digital darkroom. His Lightroom Viewfinders series provides photographers with the tools they need to effectively use Lightroom for organization, editing, and printing. In this episode, Duggan explains the under-the-hood settings and options involved in “round-tripping” JPEG files–that is, editing in Lightroom, then sending your file to Photoshop for more edits and then sending it back again without losing image quality or your layers.
Top 10 Recommendations to Kick Off Wedding Season RightTips & Tricks
Wedding season is nearly upon us and in honor of this wonderful, yet sometimes stressful time, we have asked our friends at SnapKnot to share some of their wedding photography wisdom and what couples should be thinking about when choosing a photographer. Planning a wedding may not be easy but their community of expert wedding photographers will help make planning a piece of cake! (more…)
Cool Stuff — Week of May 6, 2013Cool Stuff
Welcome to Cool Stuff, a weekly feature where we post our favorite links from the past week, including our favorite articles and how-tos, videos, images and more.
- First, from our friends over at PetaPixel, this one gave most of us butterflies just thinking about it. Actually doing this? No thank you. But we’ll watch the video anyway.
- Our tablets (like the iPad) are getting increasingly powerful, and Adobe has a plan to put that power to good use. The fun stuff starts at 18:09 in the video below.
- Budding photojournalists, heads-up! The folks over at Fotopedia have launched an iPad app that lets you create and view stories on the go. If you haven’t checked out Fotopedia, you should – they have a pretty nice platform for telling photo stories.
- We love our timelapses, but this one takes the cake. Two months of an Antarctic ice breaker’s journey, compressed into 5 minutes.
- And finally, to those who have a hundred questions about photography, here are your answers. Zack Arias, photographer and educator extraordinaire, has taken the best of his Awesome “Photography Q&A” Tumblr and turned it into an awesome book.
And now, for the BorrowLenses.com Roundup!
- To anyone who doesn’t live close to a pickup location, this one’s for you: We have new shipping rates that make it even more affordable for you to rent gear.
- The Canon 800mm f/5.6 isn’t the only game in town anymore! Nikon’s 800mm is finally here…
- A big thanks to everyone who came by and said hello to us at Photo Video West last week!
That’s it for this week’s Cool Stuff. As always, questions and feedback are welcome in the comments below.