New BorrowLenses Pick Up Location In Southern CaliforniaBL News
You can now pick up and drop off rentals in San Diego at Nelson Photo!
Pick Up/Drop Off Advantages
- Save on shipping: Rent multiple items for 1 flat fee, regardless of weight.
- Quick turnaround: Orders ship from our California hub.
- Security without the signatures: No waiting around for delivery trucks. (more…)
Multiple Flash Firing with Nikon’s Advanced Wireless Lighting System Using Pop-up FlashTips & Tricks
- Setting Commander Mode for your Nikon camera and firing off-camera Speedlights using a pop-up flash.
- Assigning multiple flashes to groups A and B to control from your Nikon camera’s Commander Mode.
- Adjusting your flash channel, illumination pattern, and zoom position. (more…)
Cool Stuff — Week of May 27, 2013Cool Stuff
Welcome to Cool Stuff, a weekly feature where we post our favorite links from the past week, including our favorite articles and how-tos, videos, images and more.
- We rent a lot of fancy video gear, but if you find yourself up at over 13,000 feet needing, for example, a boom or dolly or jib, you might be well-served watching this video from our friend Chase Jarvis on how to improvise when necessary. (more…)
One Strobe, One Trigger, One Camera, and a lot of Luck: Behind the Scenes with Von Wong PhotographyTips & Tricks
Photographer Benjamin Von Wong set out to the Salton Sea with some dart rope and a crew of chance encounters who were excited to make the trek to help out with this dramatic shoot. Check out the spectacular results below!
Luck, Fire, and a Failed Ecosystem
by Von Wong Photography, reprinted with permission.
The Hasselblad Is Here: First Impressions and Sample ShotsGear Talk
The Hasselblad H5D40 medium-format digital camera is here, so of course we had to give it a go. We pressed a number of our staffers into service as models, and went through an impromptu portrait session.
Sample images as well as first impressions after the jump.
Learning To Leave The Matrix – A Tip On DSLR Light MeteringTips & Tricks
With our dependence on LCD screens to give us immediate exposure feedback, knowing how to meter light is at risk of quickly become a fading skill. In this guest blog post you will learn how your DSLR meters light and what that means for your photography. This is a great intro for beginners as well as an easy reminder for the more seasoned shooter. (more…)