Tips for Saving Your Photographs for Optimal Printing ResultsTips & Tricks
Your amazing collection of digital photographs deserves to be printed with the best possible quality. When you use a photo printing service, a lot will depend on the materials and printing techniques used, of course, but there are steps you can take to help minimize the risk of disappointing results.
Get Striking Photography Tips and Inspiration from 10 Pro PhotographersTips & Tricks
In a world saturated with images, we want our work to stand out. It takes a lot of time, practice, and–sometimes–a little luck to get striking photographs. Here are 10 examples of striking photos we love from photographers working in the field today. We hope the images inspire you and the tips and tricks help you improve your portfolio. (more…)
Quick Video Tip for Beginners: Use a Rubber-band for Smoother PansTips & Tricks
If you’re just getting started with shooting video with your DSLRs, there’s a better than even chance that you’re not quite used to making smooth movements with your camera. Here’s a quick tip to help you get started with making one of the most basic moves in cinematography: a side-to-side move with the camera locked down on a tripod with a fluid head (like this Manfrotto kit, available from BorrowLenses.com now) meant specifically for video.
Behind the Scenes Crossfit Shoot with Photographer Ian CobleTips & Tricks
If you like photographing athletes, here is a little inspiration for you from Ian Coble. “Every once in a while I like to put together projects where I have complete creative freedom and can shoot whatever style I ‘m feeling like.” Watch the video below to see the results! (more…)
Tips for Setting Up Your Kino Flo BarFlyGear Talk Tips & Tricks
Our Kino Flo BarFly 200D 2-light kits and BarFly 400D 1-light kits are professional, energy-efficient lighting systems ideal for filmmakers and photographers alike. They produce 3200K and 5500K (daylight) temperature lighting from florescent, dimmable 55W lamps inside Kino’s signature modular fixtures. Each bank can be switched on and off for full stop exposure changes. The kits also come with:
- Gel Frames (2 for the 2-light kit, 1 for the 1-light kit). Note that these kits do NOT come with gels. You will have to apply the gel yourself to the provided gel frame using a non-destructive adhesive (also not included).
- 90 Degree Grids (2 for the 2-light kit, 1 for the 1-light kit)
- True Match Quad Fluorescent Lamps with padded mini case.
- 55QK32 55W KF32 Quad Lamps with padded mini case.
- Light stands (2 for the 2-light kit, 1 for the 1-light kit).
- AC Power.
- Heavy Duty Kino-branded Case.
These kits are a fantastic option for those seeking all-in-one kits that produce very natural-looking light that is intuitive to shape because what you see is, generally, what you get. However, they are less intuitive to set up. Please take note of the following tips to prevent bulb breakage and other kit issues. (more…)
Multiple Flash Firing with Nikon’s Advanced Wireless Lighting System Using Pop-up FlashTips & Tricks
- Setting Commander Mode for your Nikon camera and firing off-camera Speedlights using a pop-up flash.
- Assigning multiple flashes to groups A and B to control from your Nikon camera’s Commander Mode.
- Adjusting your flash channel, illumination pattern, and zoom position. (more…)