Cool Stuff – November 14, 2011Cool Stuff
Welcome to Cool Stuff, a weekly feature that replaces our Weekly Recap. Rather than give you just the news, we’ll post our favorite links from the past week, including our favorite articles and how-tos, videos, images and more.
- Surfers in bullet-time. That’s what you get with 30 GoPro cameras put together. Our second-favorite video from this week.
- Contest time! Google has launched a photo contest (no doubt inspired by all those photographers on Google+. PocketWizard has one going too. Check them out, enter, show your work.
- Wow. More Olympus drama – they’ve been cooking the books for some time now. Hold on to your Olys, folks!
- Think you have it bad when it comes to figuring out your exposure? This is what they had in the 1920s. Hope you feel better now
- The world’s most expensive photo just sold for $4.33 million. Art critics and observers are baffled.
- Ok, we know it’s in German, but this video is pretty useful anyway – and the images are pretty cool too. Learn how to use water to play with your model (that’s what the title says, really).
- We all love Behind The Scene (BTS) videos – this is one of the better ones we’ve seen lately. Tango dancers in Vancouver.
- Into small flash? Don’t mind looking a bit foolish? Here’s your inspiration for the week.
- File this one in the “Seriously?” department. A woman got fired for taking cute photographs of euthanized dogs at a shelter.
- Our friends at DPS have a nice piece on how to develop yourself photographically.
- Here’s your chuckle of the week – how not to get a photo job.
- And here’s our favorite video from this week: A mind-blowing timelapse of the earth, from space.
That’s it for this week, folks! If you want to submit a link for inclusion in Cool Stuff, please send it to [email protected]