Cool Stuff – Week of July 14, 2012Cool Stuff
Welcome to Cool Stuff, a weekly feature where we post our favorite links from the past week, including our favorite articles and how-tos, videos, images and more.
- I posted this as part of my Op-Ed yesterday, but it’s worth mentioning again. Here are two articles by Zack Arias on wedding photography, along with a video introducing one of the posts.
- This article and video comes to us by way of David “The Strobist” Hobby. Photographer John Jackson cris-crosses the country in a 1960′s van, shooting cars. Talk about dedication to one’s craft!
- Daniel Milnor’s Leica Files videos have become something of a staple for me. The newest one, #10, is up now. Nothing fancy here; Daniel essential just deconstructs an image he took with one of his Leicas. Definitely worth checking out.
- Our friend Alexis Cuarezma recently put together a portrait of 19 athletes from 14 sports at his alma mater, Washington High School. Check out this video for a behind-the-scenes look.
- Seventeen magazine has issued a “Body Peace Treaty” where they promise not to change face or body shapes in their images. Is this the start of a trend? I hope so – but really, a “Treaty?” This isn’t international diplomacy, folks.
- We love photographer Jay P. Morgan’s video tutorials. Here’s his latest on ringlights.
- And speaking of video tutorials, here’s one on composition for video, by way of our friends at FStoppers.
That’s it for this week’s Cool Stuff. As always, questions and feedback are welcome in the comments below.