Tips for Setting Up Your Kino Flo BarFly
Gear Talk Tips & Tricks
Our Kino Flo BarFly 200D 2-light kits and BarFly 400D 1-light kits are professional, energy-efficient lighting systems ideal for filmmakers and photographers alike. They produce 3200K and 5500K (daylight) temperature lighting from florescent, dimmable 55W lamps inside Kino’s signature modular fixtures. Each bank can be switched on and off for full stop exposure changes. The kits also come with:
- Gel Frames (2 for the 2-light kit, 1 for the 1-light kit). Note that these kits do NOT come with gels. You will have to apply the gel yourself to the provided gel frame using a non-destructive adhesive (also not included).
- 90 Degree Grids (2 for the 2-light kit, 1 for the 1-light kit)
- True Match Quad Fluorescent Lamps with padded mini case.
- 55QK32 55W KF32 Quad Lamps with padded mini case.
- Light stands (2 for the 2-light kit, 1 for the 1-light kit).
- AC Power.
- Heavy Duty Kino-branded Case.
These kits are a fantastic option for those seeking all-in-one kits that produce very natural-looking light that is intuitive to shape because what you see is, generally, what you get. However, they are less intuitive to set up. Please take note of the following tips to prevent bulb breakage and other kit issues. (more…)