Affiliate Tips: Creating Custom LinksTips & Tricks
Whether you are writing a gear review, talking about a lens you used on a recent shoot, or promoting a new camera, linking to a specific product with a custom link will lead your readers to gear they are more likely to rent and increase the chance that you will earn commission. You can create your own custom links in three simple steps utilizing the ShareASale Custom Link Tool!
Sign up to become a BorrowLenses affiliate and start earning your commissions today!
STEP 1: Copy Destination URL
This is the URL to the page where your readers would land after clicking the link – typically this is a deep link to a category page, a sale page, a specific product page.
STEP 2: Click on Links > Create a Custom Link
Once you have the desired URL, log into your ShareASale Affiliate Account and click on Links > Create a Custom Link.
STEP 3: Create the Link
You are now on the “Create a Custom Link Page”. There are five different parts to this page, only two of which are required.
- Required Fields
- Merchant for this link: Choose the Merchant from the drop down menu
- Destination URL: Paste the URL from Step 1
- Optional Fields
- Additional Tracking: To accomplish 2 level tracking, or “SubID” tracking so that you can track which of your visitors perform buy actions or lead actions.
- Create License Plate Link: If you would like a shortened link to utilize on social media outlets, select “yes”. A shortened URL will look something like shrsl.com/~123
- Activate Social Sharing Functions: Social Sharing Functions make it easy for your visitors to share your link with others on Twitter, Facebook, and other social media outlets
Done! Your link is ready to be posted and shared!
Whether you’re a photography professional or a weekend shutterbug, join our affiliate program and start earning a commission for your referrals. BorrowLenses is part of the Shutterfly, Inc family of brands, which means that as a BorrowLenses affiliate partner, you can also earn money for promoting our Shutterfly, TinyPrints, Wedding Paper Divas and Treat brands.