Cool Stuff — April 14, 2014Cool Stuff
Welcome to Cool Stuff, a recurring feature where we post our favorite links, including our favorite articles and how-tos, videos, images and more.
Cool Stuff articles are culled from BLFlip, the official Flipboard Magazine of BorrowLenses.com. If you’ve got an iOS or Android device, you can download the Flipboard app for free now.
- Just in case you missed it, we were at the National Association of Broadcasters last week. There were a ton of things to see, and we posted a few of our favorite sightings on our blog.
- If you want a more comprehensive listing of what was going on at NAB, we’ve got two sites you need to go check out.
- The first is NoFilmSchool.com, which has a YouTube playlist of all the videos they did (embedded below), as well as a solid list of news and events at the show.
- The second site is NewsShooter.com. Dan Chung, the site’s editor, did an awesome job of hosting a number of folks from the Teradek booth, and it can all be found under the Nab Show category on NewsShooter.com. One of our favorite videos brought some of the folks we tend to follow pretty closely – Philip Bloom and Vincent Laforet – together with others to discuss one of the most significant technologies at NAB: 4K.
- Of course, NAB wasn’t the only thing going on this past week. Adobe released Lightroom for iPad, and the folks at PopPhoto.com have a hands-on preview.
- Photoshelter.com has been putting out free guides for photographers for a while now, and the latest one is for all you Twitter users out there. Check it out here.
- We love our BTS videos, even when they’re short. This one shows the behind-the-scenes of the shoot for the latest cover for Vanity Fair, starring Scarlett Johansson.
- And finally, because let’s face it: the internet is pretty-much the domain of cute critters, here’s photographer Will Burrard-Lucas being overrun (in a completely harmless way) by cute meerkats. Cue the “Awwwww.”
That’s it for this edition of Cool Stuff. As always, questions and feedback are welcome in the comments below.