Welcome to Cool Stuff, a recurring feature where we post our favorite links, including our favorite articles and how-tos, videos, images and more.
Cool Stuff articles are culled from BLFlip, the official Flipboard Magazine of BorrowLenses.com. If you’ve got an iOS or Android device, you can download the Flipboard app for free now.
- The guys over at the Profoto blog often bring some pretty awesome work to our attention. This piece on fine-art photographer Alexia Sinclair is arresting in its detail and depth. Check out the BTS video below, and head over to the Profoto blog for more info.
- What would you do if you had to photograph one of the most feared and loathed men in the Eastern hemisphere? Portrait photographer Platon runs through the process of shooting Vladimir Putin for CNN.
- The folks over at NoFilmSchool.com have a neat piece on Oscar-winning director Alfonso Cuáron’s career trajectory: Go to film school, get expelled, win an Oscar. The interview’s is embedded below, but head over to NoFilmSchool.com for more info.
- This next video gives the phrase “high-speed video” a whole new meaning. This, folks, is 10 million frames per second. No, that’s not a typo.
- And finally, from PopPhoto.com comes a new take on the much-despised (at least among photographers) selfie. This, folks, is how pro photographers do selfies (not one duck face in the crowd, btw…).
That’s it for this edition of Cool Stuff. As always, questions and feedback are welcome in the comments below.
Latest posts by Sohail Mamdani (see all)
- Latest Gear at BorrowLenses – July Edition - July 27, 2015
- Going Long On a Budget: The Tamron 150-600mm Telephoto Lens - July 8, 2015
- Swap out That Wide Angle Lens for Your Landscape Photography - July 7, 2015