Cool Stuff – March 2, 2013Cool Stuff
Welcome to Cool Stuff, a recurring feature where we post our favorite links, including our favorite articles and how-tos, videos, images and more.
Cool Stuff articles are culled from BLFlip, the official Flipboard Magazine of BorrowLenses.com. If you’ve got an iOS or Android device, you can download the Flipboard app for free now.
- The folks over at the Profoto blog are producing a series of 20 videos about wedding photography, and the first two are online now. Here’s one of them; for more, head over to their blog.
- The Atlantic has a neat piece on why so many portraits throughout history show people with their left sides facing towards the camera.
- It’s a well-known fact that the National Geographic has one of the finest collections of photos out there. The older images – about 8 million of them – are in the care of Bill Bonner, archivist of their vintage collection.
- Sports Illustrated sent model Kate Upton to space. Okay, not really, but they did send her up in a zero-g simulating aircraft for their swimsuit issue. You knew there had to be a BTS (Behind the Scenes) video for this, right?
- And finally, by way of Petapixel, this series by street photographer and artist JR for the New York City Ballet is just plain jaw-dropping.
That’s it for this edition of Cool Stuff. As always, questions and feedback are welcome in the comments below.