Welcome to Cool Stuff, a recurring feature where we post our favorite links, including our favorite articles and how-tos, videos, images and more.
Cool Stuff articles are culled from BLFlip, the official Flipboard Magazine of BorrowLenses.com. If you’ve got an iOS or Android device, you can download the Flipboard app for free now.
- Really not sure how we missed this, but the folks at Photoshelter did a great video interview with Zack Arias, where the Wise Beard (that’s our nickname for him) dispensed some sage advice on the business side of photography.Zack Arias: If I had to start my photo business today from PhotoShelter.com on Vimeo.
- Also by way of Photoshelter comes this great article about female photographers you should know. Our industry is male dominated, and it’s important to acknowledge the hard work and amazing talent of female photographers who go toe-to-toe with us males.
- And speaking of female photographers, Annie Leibovitz – or perhaps more precisely, her people – post a BTS video, they’re usually pretty short (under 3 minutes). Nonetheless, we pore over them like a team of forensic video analysts. Here’s the latest one, featuring the cast of Game of Thrones.
- The guys over at DPS (Digital Photography School) have a pretty interesting read on how to get better environmental portraits.
- And finally, by way of the awesome folks at FStoppers comes this two-part series on cinematic lighting by the cinematographer of “Girl With a Dragon Tattoo.” Part one is embedded below; head over the FStoppers to find part 2.
That’s it for this week’s Cool Stuff. As always, questions and feedback are welcome in the comments below.