Cool Stuff – January 26, 2014Cool Stuff
Welcome to Cool Stuff, a recurring feature where we post our favorite links, including our favorite articles and how-tos, videos, images and more.
Cool Stuff articles are culled from BLFlip, the official Flipboard Magazine of BorrowLenses.com. If you’ve got an iOS or Android device, you can download the Flipboard app for free now.
- We start this weeks Cool Stuff with a heft dose of eerily mesmerizing video. Artist and professor Dennis Hlynsky at the Rhode Island School of Design created this timelapse-like video that traced the flight paths of birds.
- Though it’s less than a minute long, we try not to pass up watching Annie Leibovitz at work. This time, it’s for a Prada campaign.
- The folks over at NoFilmSchool.com brought this awesome series of videos with Martin Scorsese discussing his approach for “Wolf of Wall Street” to our attention. #1 is embedded below; here are number 2 and number 3.
- Also via NoFilmSchool.com, this video of DP Rodrigo Prieto makes for interesting watching. It’s a promo for the Canon C500, but is educational nonetheless.
- And finally, from the folks at Digital-Photography-School.com, as part of a series on the great masters of photography comes a bit about photographer Yousef Karsh. Check out the article for details, but Part 1 of the video in the series is embedded below.
Latest posts by Sohail Mamdani (see all)
- Cool Stuff — April 14, 2014 - April 14, 2014
- Capturing the Surf: an Interview with Photographer Seth Migdail - April 3, 2014
- Fuji X-T1: First Impressions - March 26, 2014