Cool Stuff – January 18, 2014Cool Stuff
Welcome to Cool Stuff, a recurring feature where we post our favorite links, including our favorite articles and how-tos, videos, images and more.
Cool Stuff articles are culled from BLFlip, the official Flipboard Magazine of BorrowLenses.com. If you’ve got an iOS or Android device, you can download the Flipboard app for free now.
- Ever wanted to know just how digital cameras work? Want it explained to you by Top Gear’s James May? Okay. Here you go.
- Let’s take you back to the 1980’s, when Ansel Adams reigned as one of the most influential and famous of landscape photographers. This video, part 1 of 3, is an interview done with the master himself. Part 2 is here, part 3 here.
- Of course, if you’re an official in Kansas, you might have wanted to charge Ansel Adams a fee to shoot in any of the local parks. Clearly, photographers aren’t happy about this.
- We all love pictures of children, but this mom from Russia takes it to a whole new level. The images she makes are downright magical.
- Like Lightroom? Want it for your iPad. If this leak on Adobe’s website is any indication, it’s coming in a subscription model.
- And finally, from one of our all time favorite photographers, Mr. Joe McNally, comes a quick story on the travails of being a NatGeo photographer.
That’s it for this week’s edition of Cool Stuff. As always, questions and feedback are welcome in the comments below.
Latest posts by Sohail Mamdani (see all)
- New Photo Gear at BorrowLenses – April 2015 Edition - April 13, 2015
- New Video Gear at BorrowLenses – April 2015 Edition - April 10, 2015
- Cool Stuff — March 29, 2015 - March 29, 2015