Cool Stuff — November 24, 2013Cool Stuff
Welcome to Cool Stuff, a recurring feature where we post our favorite links, including our favorite articles and how-tos, videos, images and more.
Cool Stuff articles are culled from BLFlip, the official Flipboard Magazine of BorrowLenses.com. If you’ve got an iOS or Android device, you can download the Flipboard app for free now.
- We begin this edition of Cool Stuff with an update about one of our favorite new cameras: The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera. This diminutive thing can now shoot RAW! We’ve got some footage in the editing bay now, so stay tuned for more on this.
- If you’ve hung around on this blog long enough, you know that we love our timelapse videos. Here’s one made from 100,000 photos taken around the world.
- We did say we love our timelapse videos, didn’t we? This is from someone who only picked up doing these about a year ago.
City Rising (Toronto Timelapse) from Tom Ryaboi on Vimeo.
- Bruce Weber is one of fashion photography’s greats. Here’s a really cool interview with him, courtesy of HuffPo.
- There are some videos that are just… well… you have to watch them. They may come off as slightly pretentious, but to be honest, we’re all thinking the same thing: “I wish I could do stuff like that…”Platinum Palladium Printing with Leica M Monochrom from Luís Oliveira Santos on Vimeo.
- We close off this edition with some awesome words of wisdom from Mike Newell, director of such diverse films as Donnie Brasco and Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. Warning: #13 is NSFW.
That’s it for this edition of Cool Stuff. As always, questions and feedback are welcome in the comments below.