Welcome to Cool Stuff, a recurring feature where we post our favorite links, including our favorite articles and how-tos, videos, images and more.
Cool Stuff articles are culled from BLFlip, the official Flipboard Magazine of BorrowLenses.com. If you’ve got an iOS or Android device, you can download the Flipboard app for free now.
- We love our timelapses (that’s not news to anyone who’s a repeat visitor to this blog). This one, from student and photographer Sean Goebel, who has excellent access to the observatories atop Mauna Kea in Hawaii, is a piece of amazing eye candy.
Mauna Kea Heavens Timelapse from Sean Goebel on Vimeo.
- And speaking of eye candy, the fall colors from atop Oberg Mountain in Minnesota are pretty awesome too. Check out this set of amazing shots.
- Turning our attention to people, we came across this awesome talk by portrait photographer Brian Smith. We’ve talked about Brian Smith before on this blog, and this 90-minute video is chock-full of information.
- Of course, once you’ve taken that awesome portrait, you might need to retouch it. This video by renowned retoucher Lee Varis deals with something we’ve all come across before – shiny, specular highlights on your portrait subjects.
Shiny Skin Retouch from Lee Varis on Vimeo.
- We leave you with something that’ll put a ton of strain on your bandwidth and your computer. The first 6K RAW footage from the new RED Dragon sensor is now available for download. Here’s a finished cut of the film:
It’s Just Paint – shot in 6K on Red Epic Dragon from Phil Holland on Vimeo.And here’s the link to grab a bunch of the RAW footage for yourself.
That’s it for this edition of Cool Stuff. As always, questions and feedback are welcome in the comments below.
Latest posts by Sohail Mamdani (see all)
- Latest Gear at BorrowLenses – July Edition - July 27, 2015
- Going Long On a Budget: The Tamron 150-600mm Telephoto Lens - July 8, 2015
- Swap out That Wide Angle Lens for Your Landscape Photography - July 7, 2015