Welcome to Cool Stuff, a recurring feature where we post our favorite links, including our favorite articles and how-tos, videos, images and more.
Cool Stuff articles are culled from BLFlip, the official Flipboard Magazine of BorrowLenses.com. If you’ve got an iOS or Android device, you can download the Flipboard app for free now.
- Photographer Martin Schoeller is someone whose work is often instantly recognizable. In this short video, he talks about intimate portraiture.
- From Trainspotting to Slumdog Millionaire, Danny Boyle is a critically acclaimed — and commercially successful — filmmaker. Courtesy of MovieMaker, here are his 15 rules of filmmaking.
- The folks at PhotoShelter are always doing some one really educational seminar or another. Here’s one with Eric Cheng, on the topic of drone photography.
The Drone Photographer: How Eric Cheng is Democratizing Aerial Photography from PhotoShelter.com on Vimeo.
- From one of the wide acknowledged masters of lighting, Joe McNally shows us how to take a light, diffuse it, then diffuse it some more and still end up with a gorgeous image.
- And finally, because this feels like the “tips” version of Cool Stuff, via Popular Photography comes a series of tips from environmental portrait photographer Brian Harkin.
That’s it for this edition of Cool Stuff. As always, questions and feedback are welcome in the comments below.
Latest posts by Sohail Mamdani (see all)
- Swap out That Wide Angle Lens for Your Landscape Photography - July 7, 2015
- Latest Gear at BorrowLenses – June Edition - June 23, 2015
- Leverage Multiple Camera Platforms with Adapters - May 7, 2015