Cool Stuff – September 6, 2013Cool Stuff
Welcome to Cool Stuff, a recurring feature where we post our favorite links, including our favorite articles and how-tos, videos, images and more.
Cool Stuff articles are culled from BLFlip, the official Flipboard Magazine of BorrowLenses.com. If you’ve got an iOS or Android device, you can download the Flipboard app for free now.
- This one’s kind of old, but the guys over at Photoshelter mentioned it recently and we thought it was worth putting into the lineup for this edition of Cool Stuff. Photographer Albert Watson is known, among other things, for his portrait of Steve Jobs.
- Speaking of great photographers, Annie Leibovitz photographed model Kate Upton for a Vanity Fair cover. The BTS is short; barely 1 minute and change long, but it’s Annie, so here you go…
- Tintypes are an old form of photographic capture, but one soldier took the process all the way to Afghanistan. The results are remarkable.
- Indie filmmakers, listen up! Vimeo is offering $10,000 for you to distribute your movie via their PPV channel.
- And speaking of filmmakers, here’s one by a photographer who used Canon’s Magic Lantern firmware to put together a pretty astonishing one.
Eye of the Beholder from The Upthink Lab on Vimeo.
- And, finally, Some of you may remember our illustrious receiver who took requests from customers to draw on their rental shipment boxes. Now customers are playing, too, leaving us fun messages on their return shipments (like the one below). Here are some great pieces from the past.
That’s it for this edition of Cool Stuff! As always, questions and feedback are welcome in the comments below.
Latest posts by Sohail Mamdani (see all)
- New Photo Gear at BorrowLenses – April 2015 Edition - April 13, 2015
- New Video Gear at BorrowLenses – April 2015 Edition - April 10, 2015
- Cool Stuff — March 29, 2015 - March 29, 2015