Cool Stuff — September 15, 2013Cool Stuff
Welcome to Cool Stuff, a recurring feature where we post our favorite links, including our favorite articles and how-tos, videos, images and more.
Cool Stuff articles are culled from BLFlip, the official Flipboard Magazine of BorrowLenses.com. If you’ve got an iOS or Android device, you can download the Flipboard app for free now.
- Canon already makes a bunch of cameras that can take some amazing images in low light, but .01 lux? That’s something that’s worth seeing.
- You’ve all see videos shot at 4K. RED also has an upcoming sensor that can shoot at 6K. But to heck with all of that – here’s a timelapse shot at 10K. No, that’s not a typo.
RIO from SCIENTIFANTASTIC on Vimeo.
- If you’re going to shoot your own timelapse, you might need some good background music to go with it. The guys at nofilmschool.com have the scoop on a new source that might work for you.
- We love our BTS videos, and we love Annie Leibovitz. Like most BTS videos of her shoots, you kind of have to pay attention to pick up some useful tips, but they’re always educational in some way.
Merino. No Finer Feeling. Alexander Wang X Annie Leibovitz from The Woolmark Company on Vimeo.
- We end this edition of Cool Stuff with a PSA of sorts. By way of DigitalRev, here’s a video on how to tell if you’re a photo geek.
That’s it for this edition of Cool Stuff! As always, questions and feedback are welcome in the comments below.
Latest posts by Sohail Mamdani (see all)
- Seeking Inspiration — July 20, 2014 - July 20, 2014
- The Bokeh Effect: How Sensor Size Affects Background Blur - May 14, 2014
- Illuminating the Face, by Peter Hurley: A Review - May 6, 2014