Cool Stuff — August 29, 2013Cool Stuff
Welcome to Cool Stuff, a recurring feature where we post our favorite links, including our favorite articles and how-tos, videos, images and more.
Cool Stuff articles are culled from BLFlip, the official Flipboard Magazine of BorrowLenses.com. If you’ve got an iOS or Android device, you can download the Flipboard app for free now.
- This little piece of gear is causing quite the ruckus lately, and one of our favorite filmmakers, Philip Bloom, has the skinny on it in an evolving review. Blackmagic Pocket Camera Review Part 1 from Philip Bloom Reviews & Tutorials on Vimeo.
- Speaking of the Blackmagic Pocket Camera, Redrock Micro has an an interview with the man behind the latest sample footage from that camera.
- Besides RAW video, the other bit of tech that’s getting filmmakers fired up is 4K. The folks over at LuLa (Luminous Landscape) have a nice op-ed piece about why 4K is important.
- Here’s another video you should watch. Why? Because of this.The Pocket Jib Traveler – Features, Assembly & Use – QUICK START from Kessler Crane on Vimeo.
- Of course, not everything is about 4K and cool gear. For the upcoming Star Wars sequels, the filmmakers have decided to go back to 35mm film!
- And finally, we leave you with a bit of advice from actor Kevin Spacey. Let this be the inspiration you need to find new ways of bringing your creative endeavors to the viewers hungry for it.
That’s it for this week’s Cool Stuff! As always, questions and feedback are welcome in the comments below.