Cool Stuff — August 2, 2013Cool Stuff
Welcome to Cool Stuff, a recurring feature where we post our favorite links, including our favorite articles and how-tos, videos, images and more.
Cool Stuff articles are culled from BLFlip, the official Flipboard Magazine of BorrowLenses.com. If you’ve got an iOS or Android device, you can download the Flipboard app for free now.
- Okay, do this. Take a GoPro. Got it? Now, get yourself a paraglider, take off from the Eastern side of the high Sierras, land on the other side, and video the whole thing. Can’t do all of that? In that case, watch this video…
- Our friends at SmugMug just overhauled their site, creating an all-new experience for your images. Check out the story over at PetaPixel.
- The guys over at LightStalking have a neat piece on how to shoot food photography.
- Mobile photography is really coming into its own, and newly created mobile stock agency Snapwi.re is trying to create a marketplace for the truly talented mobile photographers out there. Check out their interview with photographer Ravi Vora here (who has some truly remarkable work), then have a gander at the video he created below.
- Speaking of great videos, here’s one, made with a Leica of all things.
- And finally, from the awesome guys over at StillMotion, here’s a few tips on how to shoot video, handheld.
That’s it for this edition of Cool Stuff. As always, questions and feedback are welcome in the comments below.
Latest posts by Sohail Mamdani (see all)
- Cool Stuff — April 14, 2014 - April 14, 2014
- Capturing the Surf: an Interview with Photographer Seth Migdail - April 3, 2014
- Fuji X-T1: First Impressions - March 26, 2014