Cool Stuff — August 12, 2013Cool Stuff
Welcome to Cool Stuff, a recurring feature where we post our favorite links, including our favorite articles and how-tos, videos, images and more.
Cool Stuff articles are culled from BLFlip, the official Flipboard Magazine of BorrowLenses.com. If you’ve got an iOS or Android device, you can download the Flipboard app for free now.
- We think this one fall squarely into the “don’t try this at home, kids” category, but Nicholas Doldinger’s drone video montage of New York is, well, look for yourself.
- Speaking of drones, that’s what the National Geographic is using to capture some pretty incredible images.
- Shane Hurlbut is someone we follow pretty closely. A prolific DP, Shane has taken DSLR video to new heights, using it in indie films and blockbusters alike. In his always-educational blog, he breaks down his go-to lighting gear.
- Our friend the Phoblographer has a neat review of the Olympus E-P5, which we now rent.
- We love heartwarming stories. Here’s one, courtesy of PetaPixel, about a photographer who left his bag of gear on a train in Europe, and got it back thanks to a group of strangers.
- And finally, because we like pretty pictures and there’s a bit of symmetry to ending where we started, here’s a timelapse of Mid-Town Manhattan that’ll leave you, well, take a look…
And now, for the BorrowLenses.com Roundup!
- The deal of the week is now live! Get 25% off some pretty awesome stuff!
- We’re still running out series of contests on Facebook. This week’s quiz is about photo techniques. Get your entries in now!
- If you haven’t heard about it yet, you should go check out our Education section. Featuring eBooks from a number of prominent authors, you’ll find enough material here to keep you busy for a while.
That’s it for this edition of Cool Stuff. As always, questions and feedback are welcome in the comments below.