Cool Stuff — July 22, 2013Cool Stuff
Welcome to Cool Stuff, a recurring feature where we post our favorite links, including our favorite articles and how-tos, videos, images and more.
Cool Stuff articles are culled from BLFlip, the official Flipboard Magazine of BorrowLenses.com. If you’ve got an iOS or Android device, you can download the Flipboard app for free now.
- We start this edition of Cool Stuff with a blast from the past. Photographer Dan Carrillo still uses the old Daguerreotype method to produce some stunning results.
- Speaking of old, Prime lenses have been the mainstay of photography since its inception (not like they had 70-200mm f/2.8 zooms back in the days of Louis Daguerre, after all). The guys over at DigitalRev TV show us why primes are still the best lenses around.
- This one’s an oldie, but a goldie. Filmmaker Juan Melara shows you how to apply that summer blockboster look to your videos.
- And , if you’re interested in doing the same thing to your still images, the guys at PHLearn have a good tutorial for you.
- This piece from Digital Photography School is a good way to finish up this edition of Cool Stuff. Getting out of your comfort zone is something all photographers should do. DPS contributor Lori Peterson explains why.
Latest posts by Sohail Mamdani (see all)
- Cool Stuff — April 14, 2014 - April 14, 2014
- Capturing the Surf: an Interview with Photographer Seth Migdail - April 3, 2014
- Fuji X-T1: First Impressions - March 26, 2014