Cool Stuff — July 15, 2013Cool Stuff
Welcome to Cool Stuff, a recurring feature where we post our favorite links, including our favorite articles and how-tos, videos, images and more.
Cool Stuff articles are culled from BLFlip, the official Flipboard Magazine of BorrowLenses.com. If you’ve got an iOS or Android device, you can download the Flipboard app for free now.
- Wanna use one of the tools we employ to keep track of our gear and help cut down on theft? Give it a try – it’s called Lenstag, and it’s free!
- High megapixel counts are all the rage these days, from DSLRs and Medium-Format rigs to cell phones. It’s sometimes easy to forget that even some of the oldest photographic techniques known to us can produce the equivalent of gigapixel images.
- Speaking of vintage things, photographer Tiffany Angeles has a nice bit up about creating custom DIY photo lightboxes from old soda crates. Have a look…
- The folks over at Digital Photography School have a nice piece on how to use one of Lightroom 5′s new features – the Radial Filter Tool.
- And finally, from one of the grandmasters of photography, a powerful and emotional story about the power of photography that will rock you back on your heels. Head over to Joe McNally’s blog and take your time reading this.
That’s it for this edition of Cool Stuff. As always, questions and feedback are welcome in the comments below.
Latest posts by Sohail Mamdani (see all)
- Cool Stuff — April 14, 2014 - April 14, 2014
- Capturing the Surf: an Interview with Photographer Seth Migdail - April 3, 2014
- Fuji X-T1: First Impressions - March 26, 2014