Cool Stuff — June 25, 2013Cool Stuff
Welcome to Cool Stuff, a recurring feature where we post our favorite links, including our favorite articles and how-tos, videos, images and more.
Going forward, the Cool Stuff articles will be culled from BLFlip, the official Flipboard Magazine of BorrowLenses.com. If you’ve got an iOS or Android device, you can download the Flipboard app for free now.
Part inspiration binder, part news clipping folder, part scrapbook, BLFlip is our tool for curating the best photographic content from around the web. Grab your copy of Flipboard and subscribe — for free — to our magazine now.
- We begin this week with Scott Kelby’s elegant, concise, and bang-on critique of trolls. Scott repeatedly gets beat up over his views, and his response to the naysayers bears reading.
- David Hobby’s Strobist.com site has gotten many a photographer started down the path to off-camera lighting. Now, David takes readers through his experimentation with the Fuji X100s and off-camera lighting. Yet another read that shouldn’t be missed.
- And speaking of off-camera strobes, the master himself, Joe McNally, has a new blog post up. From China to South Africa, Joe’s stories are as entertaining as they are educational.
- Since we’re on the subject of lighting anyway, head on over to Popular Photography to read about photographer Robert Paetz’s awesome starscapes-meets-portraiture work.
- Fuji fans (myself included) rejoice! The X-Pro1 and X-E1 are getting focus peaking!
- Finally, for the fans of creepy time-lapse, here’s a time lapse of an ancient statue that likes to rotate all by itself. Yeah, spooky.
That’s it for this edition of Cool Stuff. As always, questions and feedback are welcome in the comments below.
Latest posts by Sohail Mamdani (see all)
- Seeking Inspiration — July 20, 2014 - July 20, 2014
- The Bokeh Effect: How Sensor Size Affects Background Blur - May 14, 2014
- Illuminating the Face, by Peter Hurley: A Review - May 6, 2014