Cool Stuff — Week of May 27, 2013Cool Stuff
Welcome to Cool Stuff, a weekly feature where we post our favorite links from the past week, including our favorite articles and how-tos, videos, images and more.
- We rent a lot of fancy video gear, but if you find yourself up at over 13,000 feet needing, for example, a boom or dolly or jib, you might be well-served watching this video from our friend Chase Jarvis on how to improvise when necessary.
- So we knew the Nikon D3s is a tough camera. Nikon Rumors has a nice piece on just HOW tough it is.
- Models, you need to read this piece on DIYPhotography. Model Jen Brook has an open letter to other models on a few things all models ought to pay attention to.
- From our friends over at Profoto, here’s a really cool piece on how to light and shoot a 40-foot yacht.
- And finally, for those of you who like free (at least for the moment) software, the folks over at Red Giant have launched a public beta of their video workflow app that fits in between your camera and your editing software. Bulletproof is well worth a look if you’re seeking something along the lines of Lightroom for video. Here’s a video preview…
And now, for the BorrowLenses.com Roundup!
- We haz Medium-Format! If you haven’t seen it yet, we posted sample pictures from our Hasselblad gear on our blog last week. More medium-format goodness to follow…
- This week’s deal is a killer (I’ve got my eye on that 1D Mark IV). Make sure you take advantage of it!
- And just in case you missed it, we launched our eBook store! There’s tons of photography-related learning goodness there, so have at it!
That’s it for this week’s Cool Stuff! As always, questions and feedback are welcome in the comments below.
Latest posts by Sohail Mamdani (see all)
- Seeking Inspiration — July 20, 2014 - July 20, 2014
- The Bokeh Effect: How Sensor Size Affects Background Blur - May 14, 2014
- Illuminating the Face, by Peter Hurley: A Review - May 6, 2014