Cool Stuff, Week of April 7, 2013Cool Stuff
Welcome to Cool Stuff, a weekly feature where we post our favorite links from the past week, including our favorite articles and how-tos, videos, images and more.
- We start with a bit of a blast from the past. One of the editors, Eli Sinkus, at 522 Productions took an audio narrative from photographer Henri Cartier-Bresson and overlaid it onto a touching and inspiring B&W film on what inspires him.
- Here’s another one from the “blast from the past” department. The guys over at PetaPixel have a really cool piece on Alfred Eisenstadt on photographing Joseph Goebbels, Adolf Hitler’s Propaganda Minister. Worth reading.
- If you’re an ex-Instagram user looking for something to sate your craving, check out Pressgram. This Kickstarter campaign looks to give you the filter-y goodness of Instagram with a self-hosted WordPress-based display solution.
- Shane Hurlbut is one of our favorite cinematographers, not just because he’s really good at what he does, but because he shares his process, thinking, techniques, and inspiration with all and sundry on his blog. Here’s a fantastic piece on lighting for cinematographers.
- And finally, we turn again to Benjamin Von Wong. Put this guy together with either flames, waterfalls, or in this case, colored pigments, and you have some pretty amazing imagery.
And now, for the BorrowLenses.com Roundup!
- We’re going to be at NAB next week! If you’re around, come by, say hello…
- There’s a bunch of new Zacuto gear to rent; stand by for an announcement tomorrow!
- In case you missed it, we have the hot new X100s to rent. They’re in demand, so book yours now!
That’s it for this week’s Cool Stuff. As always, questions and feedback are welcome in the comments below.
Latest posts by Sohail Mamdani (see all)
- Cool Stuff — April 14, 2014 - April 14, 2014
- Capturing the Surf: an Interview with Photographer Seth Migdail - April 3, 2014
- Fuji X-T1: First Impressions - March 26, 2014