Cool Stuff – Week of April 23, 2013Cool Stuff
Welcome to Cool Stuff, a weekly feature where we post our favorite links from the past week, including our favorite articles and how-tos, videos, images and more.
- This one falls into the “Ooops, how’d I miss that?” category. Canon is presenting a series on time-lapse photography with none other than Vincent Laforet. Part 2 is now out, and is embedded here for your viewing pleasure.
- Photographer Devin Graham makes YouTube videos for a living. He’s young, driven, passionate, and has a great story to tell that’s well-worth your time to listen to.
- We’re anxiously waiting for our medium-format inventory to arrive (come on Hasselblad!), so in the meantime, we’re settling for living vicariously through photographers like Karl Taylor.
- And speaking of living vicariously through others, photographer Joel Sartore gives us a window into the life of a NatGeo photographer.
- And finally, for the lighting geeks out there, the fine folks at Digital Photography School have a neat bit about using multiple lights for a portrait.
That’s it for this week’s Cool Stuff. As always, questions and feedback are welcome in the comments below.
Latest posts by Sohail Mamdani (see all)
- Seeking Inspiration — July 20, 2014 - July 20, 2014
- The Bokeh Effect: How Sensor Size Affects Background Blur - May 14, 2014
- Illuminating the Face, by Peter Hurley: A Review - May 6, 2014