Cool Stuff – Week of March 3, 2013Cool Stuff
Welcome to Cool Stuff, a weekly feature where we post our favorite links from the past week, including our favorite articles and how-tos, videos, images and more.
- We start this week with another bump for our very own Alex Huff. She was Syl Arena’s very first guest blogger, and wrote about her chiaroscuro series of portraits.
- The guys at DigitRev are awesome. Here’s Kai Wong replicating David Hobby’s profile picture.
- We rent some green-screen backdrops for those looking to knock out the background in their shots for composites, and the folks over at DIY Photography have a great tutorial on how to light that backdrop for best results.
- We’ve got a pretty good collection of cameras here at BL, but we suspect that our gear isn’t nearly as varied or as historically deep as this gent:
- And speaking of history, via PetaPixel, here’s a series of images of the White House being gutted and renovated in the middle of the 1900′s under President Truman
That’s it for this week’s Cool Stuff. As always, questions and feedback are welcome in the comments below.
Latest posts by Sohail Mamdani (see all)
- The Five Best Lenses For the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera - December 9, 2013
- Things to Know about the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera Raw Update (with Some Sample Footage) - December 3, 2013
- What (Else) to Know When Renting the Hasselblad H4X Medium Format Camera w/ 80MP IQ280 Digital Back - November 27, 2013