Cool Stuff – Week of Feb 10, 2013Cool Stuff
Welcome to Cool Stuff, a weekly feature where we post our favorite links from the past week, including our favorite articles and how-tos, videos, images and more.
- There are a few foodies here at BL, and one of them brought this series of videos from world-famous food photographer David Loftus and chef Jamie Oliver to our attention. Food and photography? Um, yeah! You’re welcome, internet!
- We love out timelapse movies as well, and Jess Dunlap has created an absolutely spectacular one called “Monolation.”
Monolation from Jess Dunlap on Vimeo.
- And since we’re talking about timelapse, there’s a great article over at Philip Bloom’s website talking about things to consider when making a timelapse film.
- Nikon has a neat film out showing how their lenses are made, in time for their 80th anniversary.
- And finally, a bit of solid, no-nonsense advice from one of our favorite photographers, Zack Arias: If I Had to Start My Photo Business Today.
Zack Arias: If I had to start my photo business today from PhotoShelter.com on Vimeo.
And now, for the BorrowLenses.com Roundup!
- Ever wonder what our staff looks like? Wonder no more!
- Our friends at SnapKnot are giving away over $9000 in free prizes for photographers, including some goodies from us!
- We’re now posting monthly calendar wallpapers. Our first one features the BlackMagic Cinema Camera.
That’s it for this week’s Cool Stuff. As always, questions and feedback are welcome in the comments below.
Latest posts by Sohail Mamdani (see all)
- The Five Best Lenses For the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera - December 9, 2013
- Things to Know about the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera Raw Update (with Some Sample Footage) - December 3, 2013
- What (Else) to Know When Renting the Hasselblad H4X Medium Format Camera w/ 80MP IQ280 Digital Back - November 27, 2013