Welcome to Cool Stuff, a weekly feature where we post our favorite links from the past week, including our favorite articles and how-tos, videos, images and more.
- Canon’s new 1D C camera has arrived in our warehouse and is available for reservations. This is one camera you’re going to want to check out folks – have a look at the documentary below and you’ll see why.
- Speaking of Canon, DSLRNewsShooter.com has a nice piece about how Reuters turned to the 5D Mark III and a 60D for a documentary on education.
- Steve McCurry is one of the most prolific photographers of our generation – his image of the “Afghan Girl” still ranks as one of the most powerful works of portraiture out there. So when we saw that he had a new app out for the iPad that presented 200 of his portraits in a single collection, well, the $3.99 purchase was a no-brainer.
- German TV network Deutsche Welle has released two documentary videos about Legendary camera company Leica. Check out the first video below, then head over to Leica Rumors for the second one.
- And finally, via Chase Jarvis’ blog, comes an amazing look at how some artists see the drones used for military strikes around the world, in an outstanding example of the intersection of war and art.
That’s it for this week’s Cool Stuff. As always, questions and feedback are welcome in the comments below.
Latest posts by Sohail Mamdani (see all)
- Latest Gear at BorrowLenses – July Edition - July 27, 2015
- Going Long On a Budget: The Tamron 150-600mm Telephoto Lens - July 8, 2015
- Swap out That Wide Angle Lens for Your Landscape Photography - July 7, 2015