Welcome to Cool Stuff, a weekly feature where we post our favorite links from the past week, including our favorite articles and how-tos, videos, images and more.
- We begin this week’s Cool Stuff with photographer and teacher Zack Arias’ guest entry on Scott Kelby’s blog. Four years ago, Zack made a similarly awesome and inspiring video for Scott; this one is, I think, even better. Check out the video below, then head over to the article for some solid advice.
- This one’s for the video geeks out there. Dale Grahn has been a color timer on a variety of different films, including Gladiator, Saving Private Ryan and The Lion King. Now he has an iPad app out that helps teaches color grading to aspiring video pros.
- Speaking of one for the video geeks out there, this one’s also for you – and for the time-lapse fans as well. Omni-Tracker is a San Jose-based company that recently started a Kickstarter campaign for their new product, called the L’il Mule. Check it out here (the campaign already has 200% funding), and watch the video below, which features footage from BorrowLenses.com alumni Seventh Movement.
- From our friends over at the Profoto blog comes an outstanding behind-the-scenes look at Gregory Heisler’s portrait of Michael Phelps. Check out the video below, then head over to Profoto’s Master Series page for more videos from the master of portraiture.
- Here’s something a bit more philosophical for image makers of all ilk. Daniel Milnor, whose blog Smogranch is one of our favorites, lays out some first-rate inspiration in a recent post called, “Blurb tip: Learn from Bruce Lee.” Though on the surface it’s about the company he works for, there’s a fantastic message there about following your heart.
And now, for the BorrowLenses.com Roundup!
- There’s still time to take advantage of the Deal of the Week. A new, different one will be posted on Monday.
- If you haven’t heard, we’ve got an East Coast office near Boston now! To celebrate, we’re doing a big giveaway.
- We’re headed to Imaging USA in Atlanta next week. If you’re around, come say hello!
That’s it for this week’s Cool Stuff. As always, questions and feedback are welcome in the comments below.
Latest posts by Sohail Mamdani (see all)
- Latest Gear at BorrowLenses – July Edition - July 27, 2015
- Going Long On a Budget: The Tamron 150-600mm Telephoto Lens - July 8, 2015
- Swap out That Wide Angle Lens for Your Landscape Photography - July 7, 2015