Cool Stuff – Week of December 31, 2012Gear Talk
Welcome to Cool Stuff, a weekly feature where we post our favorite links from the past week, including our favorite articles and how-tos, videos, images and more.
- In his last post of the year, David Hobby talks about his experience taking part in DigitalRev.com’s Pro Tog, Cheap Camera series. Past participants have included Chase Jarvis and Zack Arias, among others, and the series has always been fun to watch.
- Speaking of Chase Jarvis, he’s got a great roundup of the year’s best images on his blog. Our favorite? Barak Obama and McKayla Maroney, not being impressed.
- And speaking of roundups, our friends over at PetaPixel have one of their 10 most popular posts of 2012. We love PetaPixel, and their site is on our must-read list.
- The “Wet Plate” method of photography is experiencing something of a resurgence, and inspired photographer Lauri Laukkenen enough that she put together a tutorial on how to do it in Photoshop.
- And finally, since are total and complete suckers for anything space-related, so when we saw this montage of shots from the ISS put together by Italian filmmaker Giacomo Sardelli, we had to share it.
That’s it for this week’s Cool Stuff. As always, questions and feedback are welcome in the comments below. Happy New Year, everyone!
Latest posts by Sohail Mamdani (see all)
- Seeking Inspiration — July 20, 2014 - July 20, 2014
- The Bokeh Effect: How Sensor Size Affects Background Blur - May 14, 2014
- Illuminating the Face, by Peter Hurley: A Review - May 6, 2014