Welcome to Cool Stuff, a weekly feature where we post our favorite links from the past week, including our favorite articles and how-tos, videos, images and more.
- It’s become kind of rote now, but every time photographer Jay P. Morgan posts a tutorial, we have an automatic knee-jerk reaction to report it. This one’s no exception.
- Landscapes shot in infrared are often surreal and otherworldy. PetaPixel highlights the work of photographer David Keochkerian, who’s got some fantastic examples of this photography.
- Look, we’re going to be honest with you – DON’T DO THIS TO ONE OF OUR LENSES! That said, it’s both terrifying and cool how Canon Pro Services recommended one photographer get a stuck filter off his lens.
- The Canon 6D is out now, and photographer Don Marcotte did some noise tests relevant to high-ISO nighttime photography, then had Planet5D post the results. The results may surprise you.
- Canon fans may have something to rejoice about, as rumors of a 50mm f/1.4 image stabilized lens (along with a possible 85mm f/1.8 stabilized optic) continue to abound.
- And finally, one more for you lighting geeks out there. Jared Wieczorkiewicz of Aurum Light Studio has a great tutorial on mixing light sources of different temperatures.
That’s it for this week’s Cool Stuff. As always, questions and feedback are welcome in the comments below.