Cool Stuff – Week of December 16, 2012Cool Stuff
Welcome to Cool Stuff, a weekly feature where we post our favorite links from the past week, including our favorite articles and how-tos, videos, images and more.
- It’s become kind of rote now, but every time photographer Jay P. Morgan posts a tutorial, we have an automatic knee-jerk reaction to report it. This one’s no exception.
- Landscapes shot in infrared are often surreal and otherworldy. PetaPixel highlights the work of photographer David Keochkerian, who’s got some fantastic examples of this photography.
- Look, we’re going to be honest with you – DON’T DO THIS TO ONE OF OUR LENSES! That said, it’s both terrifying and cool how Canon Pro Services recommended one photographer get a stuck filter off his lens.
- The Canon 6D is out now, and photographer Don Marcotte did some noise tests relevant to high-ISO nighttime photography, then had Planet5D post the results. The results may surprise you.
- Canon fans may have something to rejoice about, as rumors of a 50mm f/1.4 image stabilized lens (along with a possible 85mm f/1.8 stabilized optic) continue to abound.
- And finally, one more for you lighting geeks out there. Jared Wieczorkiewicz of Aurum Light Studio has a great tutorial on mixing light sources of different temperatures.
That’s it for this week’s Cool Stuff. As always, questions and feedback are welcome in the comments below.
Latest posts by Sohail Mamdani (see all)
- Seeking Inspiration — July 20, 2014 - July 20, 2014
- The Bokeh Effect: How Sensor Size Affects Background Blur - May 14, 2014
- Illuminating the Face, by Peter Hurley: A Review - May 6, 2014