Cool Stuff – Week of December 1, 2012Cool Stuff
Welcome to Cool Stuff, a weekly feature where we post our favorite links from the past week, including our favorite articles and how-tos, videos, images and more.
- Heads up, video shooters (more specifically, Nikon video shooters on the D800/E). The guys over at Pixiq have a nice little tutorial on how to set up your D800/E to output clean video via HDMI to an external recorder.
- We love our time-lapse stuff, and this one, showing the fall colors in Central Park, NYC, has a lot of eye candy for us. Thanks to Jamie Scott for an awesome job.
- Canon’s EOS-M is a bit late to the mirrorless party, and apparently, it has some issues. Issues that the guys over at The Camera Store are only too happy to poke fun at.
- Cheetah! Running! 1200fps! Watch!
- And finally, here’s something more to make your jaw drop. These slo-mo videos were made from still photographs. Yep, you heard me. Still photographs.
And now, for the BorrowLenses.com Roundup!
- We’ve got a partnership with Sony called the “Rent, Shoot, Return” program. Details on it here.
- Everyone loves new gear, right? We’ve got it in spades – the Canon C500 is here, as is the new Zeiss 15mm CP.2, and the Canon C100.
- Our Holiday Gift Guide is out! Lots of ideas there for the shutterbug in your life.
- San Francisco peeps, we’ve got yet another pickup location for you.
That’s it for this week’s Cool Stuff. As always, questions and feedback are welcome in the comments below.
Latest posts by Sohail Mamdani (see all)
- Seeking Inspiration — July 20, 2014 - July 20, 2014
- The Bokeh Effect: How Sensor Size Affects Background Blur - May 14, 2014
- Illuminating the Face, by Peter Hurley: A Review - May 6, 2014