Welcome to Cool Stuff, a weekly feature where we post our favorite links from the past week, including our favorite articles and how-tos, videos, images and more.
- Heads up, video shooters (more specifically, Nikon video shooters on the D800/E). The guys over at Pixiq have a nice little tutorial on how to set up your D800/E to output clean video via HDMI to an external recorder.
- We love our time-lapse stuff, and this one, showing the fall colors in Central Park, NYC, has a lot of eye candy for us. Thanks to Jamie Scott for an awesome job.
- Canon’s EOS-M is a bit late to the mirrorless party, and apparently, it has some issues. Issues that the guys over at The Camera Store are only too happy to poke fun at.
- Cheetah! Running! 1200fps! Watch!
- And finally, here’s something more to make your jaw drop. These slo-mo videos were made from still photographs. Yep, you heard me. Still photographs.
And now, for the BorrowLenses.com Roundup!
- We’ve got a partnership with Sony called the “Rent, Shoot, Return” program. Details on it here.
- Everyone loves new gear, right? We’ve got it in spades – the Canon C500 is here, as is the new Zeiss 15mm CP.2, and the Canon C100.
- Our Holiday Gift Guide is out! Lots of ideas there for the shutterbug in your life.
- San Francisco peeps, we’ve got yet another pickup location for you.
That’s it for this week’s Cool Stuff. As always, questions and feedback are welcome in the comments below.